I’m sharing SPLENDA® Sweetener Products in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™ #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps
I know we’re just finishing up fall here, but there’s still time to make this tasty Apple Crisp Recipe for Thanksgiving! This recipe is such a time saver because there’s no peeling required!
I love apple crisps because they’re basically a lighter, no-fuss version of an apple pie. Speaking of no-fuss… I know forgoing peeling the apples is unconventional. But if you slice the apples thin enough (about 1/8″ thick) it really isn’t necessary… so hooray for saving some time!
Keeping the peel on does two things – one, saves a ton of time. And two, gives this crisp an extra hint of texture. When the apples are cooked down, they almost look as if they were shaved, so the effect is super subtle, but still there.
I used SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend to provide just the perfect amount of sweetness to this apple crisp recipe. When I make desserts that are usually served with something like ice cream or whipped cream, I tend to lean more towards the tart side (which Granny Smith apples are perfect for).
If you prefer an even sweeter flavor, you can swap a couple of granny smiths for sweeter baking apples to mix things up and you’re good to go.
No Peel Apple Crisp Recipe
- 5 Granny Smith Apples cored, very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1/3 cup SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend
- 1 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Pecans chopped
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Grease a 9x13” baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Place sliced apples in a large bowl. Set aside. In a separate bowl combine lemon juice, water, SPLENDA, flour and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Pour over apples. Mix well so apples are evenly covered. Transfer apple mixture to greased baking dish.
- Rinse bowl, then mix together rolled oats, flour, chopped pecans, cinnamon, SPLENDA and melted butter. Stir until well combined.
- Pour topping evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until the apples are bubbling and the topping is golden brown. Allow to cool for 30 minutes before serving.
Serving suggestion: enjoy apple crisp on its own, or serve with low calorie vanilla ice cream and sugar-free caramel syrup for a decadent dessert.