Do you ever feel like you are in a recipe rut? I know we do, and sometimes I don’t really feel like cooking at all. That’s when I go through my list of go-to quick and easy crockpot meals.
Slow cookers are ideal during those times when you don’t have the energy for a more labor-intensive meal, but also don’t want to end up eating fast-food. So, with just a little bit of time, you will quickly and easily prep some of the best meals ever using your slow cooker.
Best Tips For Using A Slow Cooker
You should always follow the recipes the first time when making new food. But, I wanted to share some general tips to help you out.
- Save Money By Using Less Expensive Cuts Of Meat – I know it’s tempting to buy the most expensive cuts of meat, but when you slow cook it, a lower quality cut of meat will be hard to differentiate from the high end meat. Food that is usually tough will be tender and soft after cooking in the slow cooker.
- Don’t Add Dairy Until It’s Almost Done – When you add dairy at the end of the cooking, it will be much more creamy and less likely to curdle. There are instances when you should put it in sooner, but usually, it’s just the last little bit.
- Never Add Frozen Meat To Your Crockpot – You should always use meats and other foods that have been defrosted before adding to your slow cooker. They will cook much better this way.
- Try To Keep The Lid On – Whenever you take the lid off to stir, you will lose a lot of the heat, and it will take even longer to cook. Keep it to a minimum for best results.
- Use a Disposable Liner – I am usually super frugal, but I love using an (optional) disposable liner in the crockpot as it makes cleanup easier. If you have a few extra cents to spare, this may be worth it! It certainly is for me.
Be sure to hop over to your favorite picks to grab the recipes!