This avocado tomato salad recipe is the perfect salad you’ll be serving up all summer. It’s tangy, fresh, slightly creamy thanks to the avocados and goes great with everything.
This is such an easy filling salad. It comes together in just ten minutes and just requires a little chopping. Serve it as a side dish to your favorite summer grilled foods, or enjoy a bigger serving as a light but filling main dish that’s perfect for a quick weeknight dinner!
Tips for Making this Avocado Tomato Salad Recipe
Just a note – this is a creamy salad… as you stir everything together the avocados give off a lovely creamy texture. BUT if you’re not gentle when mixing, it can quickly go from perfectly creamy to “uh-oh I accidentally disintegrated the avocados almost entirely.”
So go easy when stirring so the avocados still mostly keep their shape – use a folding motion to keep the right consistency.
Avocado Tomato Salad Recipe
- 6 Roma Tomatoes chopped into large pieces
- 4 Ripe Avocados chopped into large pieces
- 1/2 English Cucumber chopped into large pieces
- 1 White Corn Cob shaved
- 1/4 Red Onion sliced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 and 1/2 large Lemons
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chop roma tomatoes, avocados and cucumber into large pieces. Add to large bowl.
- Shave corn off of the cob, slice red onion and finely chop parsley, add to bowl with other ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Mix well and pour over the salad. Season the salad lightly with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Gently mix salad by using a folding motion rather than stirring in order to prevent from crushing the avocados too much. Serve immediately.