Cranberry Bliss Oatmeal Cups are one of our favorite holiday treats this year!
Hello! Welcome back to Savorandsavvy’s Christmas in July celebrations! We are on day 10 already! If you missed any of the previous recipes, you can link back a day or two or we have created a Pinterest board of all the Christmas in July posts to make it easy for everyone! You can find it here! https://www.pinterest.com/savorandsavvy/christmas-in-july/
We’ve enjoyed gingerbread, cranberry bliss, and chocolatey toffee flavors along with some creative and frugal ways to decorate! The best part is we have 15 more days to go so hang on to your hats!
We love the flavors of Cranberry Bliss! We fully blame Starbucks for that. You can recreate it without much effort once we know the tricks!
Cranberry Bliss Oatmeal Cups are not only delicious but also a huge timesaver! We all need that during the holidays! Why not make a breakfast that you can whip up in just a few minutes and be ready for the entire week of “grab and go” morning meals?
How to Make Cranberry Bliss Oatmeal Cups
The best part of making Cranberry Bliss Oatmeal Cups (besides the yummy flavor!) is that they only take a few minutes to prepare. You can have them in the oven in under ten minutes. If you use the meal prep ideas below, that time can be brought down to under five minutes!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line the muffin tins with liners or spray. Both options work.
Combine the oats, baking powder and salt into a bowl and mix. Make sure that you are using old fashioned oats and not quick oats. The quick oats are smaller and will not cook correctly for this recipe.
Stir honey, eggs, milk and melted butter in the oats mixture. Mix well. Add the lemon and orange zest.
Add the Craisins (dried cranberries) and white chocolate chips and mix well.
Using a scoop to divide the mixture into 12 muffin tin cups.
Cook for 25 minutes and the muffins should be toasty brown. Use a toothpick to make sure they are done as all ovens are different.
Once cooled, melt a ½ cup of white chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and if needed, microwave for additional 10 seconds until melted. Pour the chocolate into a zip lock bag and snip the corner of the bag to lightly drizzle over the oatmeal cups. Sprinkle a few Craisins over the top while the chocolate is still wet.
These can be refrigerated for 5 days.
Are These Oatmeal Cups Freezer Friendly?
Absolutely! These muffins can be frozen for 3 months. Take out the muffins the night before you want to eat them and warm them up in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
If you are going to freeze these, place them on a sheet pan and put them in the freezer overnight. Then place them in a gallon zip lock bag. You can, alternatively, freeze them in individual bags but I would still suggest flash freezing them like I just mentioned so they don’t stick to the sides of the bag.
How to Meal Prep Oatmeal Cups
These are a great recipe to meal prep! I know I sound like a broken record, but I really like to meal prep every opportunity I can and I feel like I’m on a mission to have others tag along:
- Measure out all the dry ingredients and put in a bowl and cover
- Measure out all the remaining ingredients and cover overnight
- Zest the lemon and orange and put in container overnight, covered
- Lay out the muffin pan and liners, if you are using them
Just taking these couple of quick tips, you can easily make these up in a few minutes and move on to other projects of the day!
Other Cranberry Recipes
If you like these, make sure to check out our other cranberry recipes:
Cranberry Bliss Baked Oatmeal Cups
Baked Oatmeal Cups
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 12 tbsp milk
- 10 tbsp butter melted
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup craisins
Cranberry Bliss Topping
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips used to drizzle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the oats, baking powder and salt in one bowl and mix.
- Add honey and stir to combine.
- Add the eggs, milk and butter. Mix together until combined.
- Add in white chocolate chips (just the ½ cup) and the Craisins (just the ½ cup) and combine.
- Use a measuring cup and measure out about ¼-⅓ cup of oatmeal mixture into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Once cool, remove from the pan.
Cranberry Bliss Topping
- Heat up the chocolate chips and drizzle on top of the cooled baked oatmeal cups. Sprinkle with the Craisins.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.