Honey Herb Roasted Carrots are one of my all-time favorite vegetable sides! My husband came up with this recipe on his own when I was out of town and grilled the carrots. We took the same recipe and implemented it indoors and is incredible!
Full disclosure on this one: we ate these right off the sheet pan, haha! They never even made it to the dinner plate. They will knock the socks off of your guests! Try this for the holidays if you want something different and know that everyone will rave over it.
Ingredients for the Honey Balsamic Dressing
One of my favorite things I love about this recipe is how easy it is to remember all of the ingredients. I don’t need a complex recipe at the store to remember everything I need. You have those recipes…I have a spinach salad that I love but I need to always go back and make sure I am buying everything for the salad.
No worries with this recipe! Each item listed is one tablespoon! How easy is that?
One tablespoon of honey, olive oil, rosemary, balsamic vinegar, and a pinch of sea salt.
This recipe gets even better as I usually already have all of those ingredients in the house! I always buy whole carrots (either at the store or at the farmers market, where we got this batch) and we grow our own rosemary.
You can see in the photo that Jason has an organic herb garden that is only about two feet by two feet around the lamp post in our front yard. You don’t need much room to grow herbs. We also have potted herbs on our deck and they grow so well that we ended up needing to purchase a larger capacity dehydrator a couple of years ago to dry the extras at the end of the season.
There is still time to buy some herbs and start growing! We can harvest rosemary into November and December here in Virginia. The rosemary can overwinter as well if your climate isn’t too harsh and then you have a plant that keeps producing for the cost of about $3-5! Jason’s rosemary has overwintered for the past 2 years and we have our fingers crossed that they will again this year!
How to Make Honey Herb Roasted Carrots
We didn’t peel our carrots when we make these. We cleaned them off really good, trimmed the stems and placed them on a sheet pan.
Combine the honey, oil, balsamic vinegar, and herbs in a bowl and combine. Pour over the carrots and gently toss to fully cover. Sprinkle a little bit of sea salt on top of the carrots.
Bake at 450 degrees for 18-22 minutes. Turn over at about 12 minutes. Always check them as everyone’s oven is different.
How Can I Meal Prep Honey Herb Roasted Carrots
This is a great side dish to meal prep even though the recipe is so quick anyways.
- Scrub the carrots and place in the refrigerator.
- Measure out the olive oil, honey, balsamic vinegar and salt and set aside covered.
- Alternatively, just put the oil, honey, balsamic vinegar, and sea salt out on the counter with the measuring spoons next to it so you can just measure and go.
- Lay out the sheet pan.
For rosemary, I don’t snip it off until I’m ready to use it.
🥦 Related Recipes:
- Roasted Beets and Carrots – This recipe for beets and carrots is mindblowing good!
- Roasted Red Pepper Tahini Sheet Pan Cauliflower – You’ll be so glad you made this easy sheet pan side dish.
- Sheet Pan Roasted Brussel Sprout Stalk – Don’t be afraid of brussel sprouts! They are incredible when made the right way.
- Oven Roasted Potatoes – These potatoes go with like every meal you can think of.
Honey Herb Roasted Carrots with Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 carrots whole
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped fine
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Clean off the outsides of the whole carrots and remove the greens.
- Place the carrots on a sheet pan.
- Combine the honey, rosemary, balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the honey mixture over the carrots.
- Sprinkle with the pinch of sea salt.
- Cook at 450 degrees. for 15-22 minutes. Turn over at 12 minutes.