The holidays are in full swing, which means most of us are entertaining at some point throughout the month! I’m sharing a few tips on how to quickly put together a festive (and low-stress!) get-together for those last minute gatherings!
White plates and seasonal placemats. Keep it simple with white plates and pair them with seasonal placemats for an easy pulled-together look. You can look for seasonal placemats at the dollar store or thrift store to get them super inexpensively!
Place seasonal decorations at the center of the table. I purchased two small vases from the dollar store, filled them with dollar store ornaments and placed them on top of upside down wine glasses! SUPER cheap and I think it looks pretty nice for spending under $5!
Personalize! This is my FAVORITE touch of all because it makes such a big impact. I created these free printable place cards (download link below), punched holes on the side and used twine to wrap them around the napkins!
Click the image below to download your free printable place cards! It’s saved as an image, so you can easily pull it into PicMonkey to personalize your text in any font you’d like (if you’re curious, the font I used is Bebas)! 🙂 Finger foods. If you want to keep things as easy as possible, host a finger-food only get-together (this works better for brunches and lunches)! Everything can be made ahead of time, guests can serve themselves and you can offer more variety on a small budget.
I prepared these super easy Artichoke & Kale Bruschetta Toppers and have a recipe for you below!
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Can (14 oz) Artichoke Hearts, drained, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups tightly packed Kale, stemmed, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced Roasted Red Peppers
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine (or substitute chicken broth for wine)
- 40 TRISCUIT Fire Roasted Tomato & Olive Oil Crackers
- 2 tbsp. Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add next 4 ingredients; stir. Cook 3 to 5 minutes. or until kale is wilted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Add wine to artichoke mixture; mix well. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until wine is cooked off, stirring frequently.
- Spoon artichoke mixture onto crackers; top with cheese.
Make Ahead: If you need to make it ahead of time, cool the mixture, then refrigerate up to 24 hours. When ready to use, microwave in wax paper-covered microwaveable bowl on high for 1 minute, or until heated through; stir. Spoon onto crackers and top with cheese.
Be sure to check out NABISCO Party Planner for more easy holiday recipes!