Mocha Overnight Oats combines the delicious coffee flavor with a hint of chocolate to kick off your morning with a delicious make-ahead breakfast!
We are approaching fall – don’t laugh – it’s going to happen in like five minutes flat! We get better at getting back into our routines and planning…it’s like a second chance at a New Year’s Resolution. At least in my mind.
With that said, we are launching 7 Days of Overnight Oats!
Why Choose Overnight Oats?
Overnight Oats is a meal preppers dream meal!!!
- TIME – Create three days of breakfasts in less than five minutes total! That is for two people! Come on, besides opening up a container of yogurt or pouring a bowl of cereal, you can’t beat the time factor on making overnight oats!
- CHEAP – Make three days of breakfasts for pennies on the dollar. The biggest factor will be what the fixings you choose to put in the oats. You can always skip the milk/almond milk and use water which keeps the cost down even more, but I am a big fan of the creaminess added with the milk!
- HEALTHY – You can’t argue with the health benefits of oats. They are chocked full of fiber, calcium and vitamins from the fruit. You are in control of what flavors you add, so it is easy to control what you are putting into your body.
Can I Use Water for Overnight Oats?
Absolutely! Use a 1:1 ratio for oats to water. You might lose a tiny bit of flavor/creaminess from the loss of the milk but you saved on calories! Everything is a trade off, right?
Do Overnight Oats Need to be Refrigerated?
I received this question lately and wanted to address it here! Absolutely! Always refrigerate overnight oats. You have milk and yogurt here that you don’t want to spoil.
What Are the Best Containers for Overnight Oats?
We prefer to use Ball’s pint sized jars. I love that they are easy to clean and reusable. I also like that I can use them for other things like homemade dressings and sauces to keep in the fridge when I meal prep.
You can use the small Rubbermaid containers that you have as well. The key is to meal prep and save yourself some money while eating healthy!
Why Do I Use Yogurt and Not Just 1:1 Ratio for Oats to Milk?
I love the extra protein from the greek yogurt. The extra kick of protein in the yogurt keeps the body going until lunch and it minimizes my morning snacking. If you want to leave it out and use the full 1:1 milk oat ratio, feel free. It works great.
Are Overnight Oats Vegan Friendly?
Absolutely! Use almond, coconut or cashew milk in place of dairy milk. You can substitute the greek yogurt with an Almond Milk yogurt or just leave it out completely. Then, just add fruits and nuts for a vegan friendly breakfast on the go!
How to Make Mocha Overnight Oats
Have you ever been to the baking aisle and seen the small jars of espresso powder? That is what I used for this recipe. Don’t use anything from the coffee aisle of the grocery store as it will make it gritty and pretty nasty tasting.
You’ll also find the Espresso Chips in the baking aisle next to the chocolate chips. You might have to check a couple stores as I noticed not everyone is carrying them yet. They are so good! I love my morning coffee and these could be my new fave!
Combine the oats, milk, yogurt and espresso powder in a bowl and mix. Pour the mixtures in your meal prep container and top each with Nestle’s Espresso Chips. The combination of the espresso powder in the oats along with the chocolatey espresso chips makes coffee lovers happy!
Mocha Overnight Oats
Here is a burst of coffee with your meal prep overnight oats. What a great breakfast combination!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp espresso powder from the baking aisle
- 1/2 cup Nestle Espresso Morsels find next to chocolate chips
Combine the oats, milk, yogurt and espresso powder together in a bowl. Mix well.
Pour the oats mixture into two pint jars and top with the Nestle Espresso Morsels.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.