This tangy rainbow chickpea salad recipe will brighten up your summer plate
I’m sharing SPLENDA® Sweetener Products in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™ #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps
Summer is almost over, but there’s still time to get a few more refreshing meals on the table before
pumpkin spice season fall arrives. I’ve really been on a salad kick this summer (as you can probably tell from my last few recipes!), and this chickpea salad is one of my favorites!
This rainbow chickpea salad recipe is colorful, fresh and has a killer lemon vinaigrette that brightens up the flavor of all the other ingredients. I used SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend to balance out the acidity of the tangy flavors so we’re left with a not-too-tart dressing.
Rainbow Chickpea Salad Recipe
- 2 15 oz Cans Chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper
- 1 Ear of Corn
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 3.5 oz Package Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 5 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Lemon Juice fresh squeezed
- 2 tsp SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chop red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, onion and parsley. Use a knife to shave corn kernels off of cob. Place ingredients into a large serving bowl along with rinsed chickpeas and crumbled feta cheese.
- In a separate bowl, make the dressing by mixing olive oil, lemon juice, SPLENDA, mustard, garlic and desired amount of salt and pepper. Whisk vigorously. Pour over salad. Mix well so ingredients are evenly coated.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours, preferably overnight, before serving.
This would be a hit at any potluck or cookout! And since it’s ideal to marinate overnight, you can save yourself some time on the day-of and prepare this chickpea salad recipe the night before. Hope you enjoy the recipe!