This is the second recipe to piggyback on the Slow Cooker Burrito Bowl chicken! If you have been reading along, you know that we started out by making a slow cooker salsa chicken that was used in a burrito bowl and then we showed how to use the same chicken in a Taco Stuffed Avocado recipe. You can have them on the table in ten minutes as long as you have the cooked chicken prepared. This is a perfect meal for those busy nights. We all have those unplanned nights that mess up our schedule, but we can beat it by having recipes like these in our back pocket. It’s great to have healthy homemade meals in no time and no stress!
How to Make Salsa Chicken Soup
This is so easy and so creamy! I also love that you can make it your own and I’ll show you how!
We took the entire 1.5 lbs of salsa chicken and used that as a base. We combined the cream cheese and Kettle and Fire’s Chicken Bone Broth and heated it through until the cream cheese is completed melted and creamy. That’s it! We kept everything in the slow cooker on high and it worked out perfectly. This created a very thick, delicious soup!
If you want a thinner soup, use ½ of the chicken for the soup and save the other half to make the Taco Stuffed Avocados! You have one slow cooker recipe and two nights of meals ready for yourself.
What Else Can I Do With This
Using the exact same ingredients but mixing it up a bit you can do a couple of things:
- Decrease the Kettle and Fire Bone Broth in half but leave everything else the same and you have an incredible Mexican dip! Seriously, it was a very thick soup that resembled a thick chili and I felt like was eating more of a dip where I needed tortilla chips! So good!!! Throw this into a small crockpot and bring it to a potluck function with chips and everyone will be begging you for the recipe!
- Reduce the Bone Broth in half and add the creamy salsa chicken mixture to make sheet pan nachos.
- Cut the Kettle and Fire Bone Broth in half and add to the creamy salsa chicken mixture to the top of a bed of salad greens. Add chopped grape tomatoes, a little cilantro, a few black beans, green onions and top it all off with a taco based ranch dressing like the one here on Budget Bytes https://www.budgetbytes.com/southwest-salad-with-taco-ranch-dressing/
How Can I Meal Prep Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Soup
The obvious way to meal prep this recipe is to use the slow cooker to make your chicken but we can break it down into even more steps!
Meal Prep Salsa Chicken
- The night before you make the Salsa Chicken, place the slow cooker on the counter along with the non-stick spray and salsa.
- Measure out all of your seasonings and put in little container and cover.
Meal Prep Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Soup
- If you are going to make the soup the same day as you make the Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken, measure out the Kettle and Fire Bone Broth and cover. This will allow you to walk in the door and dump in the broth and cream cheese.
Slow Cooker Chicken Salsa Soup
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken
- 16 oz Salsa
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 cups Kettle and Fire Chicken Bone Broth
- Spray slow cooker with non stick spray. Add chicken and spices. Turn on low for 8 hours or 4 hours on high.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes and add to chicken mixture.
- Add Kettle and Fire Chicken Broth to mixture. Stir well to combine. Heat through. Add more broth to make thinner.