Day 6 of our Overnight Oats is a super yummy Strawberry Vanilla Overnight Oats! It is so fresh and delicious. I love the creativity of mixing different ingredients together in these oats. If I had to eat the same breakfast day after day, I would quickly give up, if I’m honest!
Overnight Oats is a huge meal prep breakfast in our household. It is one of the reasons that we post so much about them and made this 7 Days of Overnight Oats! Breakfast can be pricey and not very nutritious if I don’t plan ahead or eat out.
What if you are thinking…… “Ok, I get it but I need variety for breakfast!” Yep! I get that! We are a grab-and-go household as well. So, let’s give you some awesome options to get you out the door in the morning that aren’t all overnight oats!
17 Portable Meal Prep Breakfasts (not counting our Overnight Oats)
- Parfait Breakfast Meal Prep is a gorgeous, yet delicious yogurt parfait. Add in your favorite fruits to switch it up.
- Vegetarian Meal Prep Bowls is a great grab-and-go option to eat at your desk when you arrive at work.
- Oven Baked Eggs is a hands off meal prep recipe. Put them in little containers and you can either eat on the run or when you arrive at work or school.
- Easy Baked Oatmeal Cups allows you to make 12 oatmeal cups on Sunday to simply grab during the week. A quick zap in the microwave, run out the door, and enjoy these delicious cups.
- Healthy Blueberry Zucchini Muffins These muffins take all the guesswork out of what you are eating! All the ingredients are things you know and love! It is chock full of fruits and vegetables. Healthy and fast are the magic to this one!
- Vanilla Mango Smoothie is one that you can either make quickly in the morning or freeze and put in the refrigerator overnight.
- Scrambled Eggs Muffins with Salsa These are yummy and super easy to make on a Sunday. Pop them in the microwave for a few seconds on your way out the door for a healthy and tasty breakfast.
- Homemade Breakfast Freezer Sandwiches are pretty much an old staple we have all eaten (and loved) from time to time! These are hearty and will carry you if you have a long day and no lunch plans. Microwave for a minute and you are out the door.
- $0.59 Freezer Pack Smoothies are ideal to toss together on Sundays and grab one on a frenetic weekday morning. You can be out the door in just a few minutes.
- Vegetarian Breakfast Burritos are another hearty breakfast option if you have longer days…not sure why, but I always seem to be hungrier on Monday mornings. Weird, right?
- Homemade Crockpot Yogurt is an excellent cost cutting option and time saver! Top with granola or fruit and you’ll have a fun breakfast.
- Peanut Butter Cranberry Granola is great to add to the top of the Homemade Crockpot Yogurt. A burst of protein snuck in there!
- Gingerbread Granola is another option if you want to add to the Homemade Yogurt in the winter for a taste of the holidays.
- Baked Eggs with Ham is perfect if you want to slap it on a piece of toast or muffin or simply eat on its own. If you are traveling with it, just leave all the toppings off to avoid a potential mess.
- 3 Summer Smoothies since these are made quick and easy, you can toss them in the blender and be out the door in minutes. Add protein powder if you need a little extra for the day ahead.
- Microwave Scrambled Eggs is one of my all time favorites! I don’t dirty a pan and the taste is out of this world! Don’t skip the seasonings.
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins with Streusel Topping are great when you just need a simple muffin and a cup of coffee to go. These are freezer friendly so I make them and freeze. Pull out and microwave when you need them.
What other portable breakfasts do you like to use?
How to Make Strawberry Vanilla Overnight Oats
If you have been here long, you know our love of overnight oats. Simple, sweet, cheap and delicious!! Strawberry Vanilla OVernight Oats is no different. You will love the fresh and clean taste since there are no crazy ingredients we don’t know how to pronounce.
In a bowl, combine oats, yogurt and milk. Add one teaspoon of vanilla and stir. We used the Simple Homemade Vanilla extract, but you can use whichever you have!
This recipe makes (2) one pint jars so fill each jar half way with the oatmeal mixture. Layer on the chopped strawberries. Add the remaining oatmeal mixture and top with the remaining chopped strawberries. Depending on the size of your strawberries, it will take 2-4 strawberries for each pint.
Strawberry Vanilla Overnight Oats Substitutions
There is always something you can substitute and here are a couple of ideas for this recipe!
- Replace the strawberries with raspberries, kiwi, bananas, blackberries or blueberries
- Check what leftover berries you have in the refrigerator and sprinkle a little bit on each layer. Keep the vanilla as it is delish in overnight oats.
- Sprinkle on some chocolate chips for a dipped strawberry taste – YUM!
I hope you are left with dozens of breakfast ideas and lots of extra money in your checkbook by eating these meal prep breakfasts. If you have great ideas or have tried any of these, please let me know! I love hearing from you all!
Strawberry Vanilla Overnight Oats
Fresh and clean is the way to go with Strawberry Vanilla Overnight Oats! Always quick and easy to prepare for a grab and go breakfast!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup almond milk substitute milk of choice
- 1 container vanilla greek yogurt substitute plain greek if you like
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 strawberries cut up into cubes
In a medium sized bowl, combine oats, milk, yogurt and stir. Add vanilla and stir well.
In 2 pint sized jars, layer 1/2 of the oat mixture into jars.
Add 1/2 of the strawberries to each of the 2 jars.
Add the remaining oats mixture on top of the strawberries.
Add remaining strawberries.
Place lids on and put in refrigerator. Keeps for 3 days in the refrigerator.