This Garlic Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe is a super quick 10 minute dinner that’s light, fresh and veggie packed.Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
Truthfully, when I whipped up this broccoli stir fry I was going for a Broccoli in garlic sauce kind of dish that could replicate one of my go-to takeout orders.
While it missed the mark on being an exact copycat recipe, this broccoli stir fry certainly packs a garlicky kick, and combined with the freshness of the veggies, this stir fry is a winner for me. The hint of lime at the end really perks up all of the flavors in this stir fry.
I served this with rice and since the rice was already made ahead of time, this was such a quick and easy meal. I use my rice cooker to make all of our rice and I love it because it’s so quick, easy and un-screw-up-able.
To make this even quicker of a meal, I took a shortcut and used a 12 oz. bag of fresh steamable broccoli in the produce aisle (not frozen).
How to Customize this Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
- Substitute the peppers. Use red, yellow or orange bell pepper interchangeably. Green bell pepper can be used, but the others tend to be sweeter and better suited for this dish.
- Add Baked Tofu. This stir fry is pretty light, so adding in some baked tofu would add a little heartiness. Just add in the baked tofu towards the end just after adding in the sauce.
- Serve over rice noodles. I do think you’d need to double the sauce (note – I haven’t tried this myself and will update the post after I do!) so that the noodles would have plenty of sauce to soak into them, but this meal would be fantastic over rice noodles or lo mein noodles.
Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
This Garlic Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe is a super quick 10 minute dinner that's light, fresh and veggie packed.
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 12 oz Broccoli Florets Fresh (I used bagged, fresh from produce section)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 Green Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp. Sesame Seeds
- Juice of half a lime
- 5 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce low Sodium
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 tsp. Maple Syrup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. Corn Starch
In a medium bowl, whisk garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, vegetable broth, maple syrup and corn starch. Mix well. Set aside.
- Add vegetable oil to a pan over medium high heat. Add red onion, bell pepper and broccoli florets. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Reduce to medium heat. Add sugar snap peas and sauce. Stir constantly and cook for another 3 minutes or so until sauce thickens slightly.
Remove from heat. Stir in green onion, juice of half a lime and sesame seeds.
Serve immediately over rice.
Jasmine or Basmati rice would go well with this recipe, but white or brown rice will work as well.
The calories included in this recipe are simply an estimate I arrived at using My Fitness Pal's Recipe Nutrition Calculator.
Recipe adapted from The Recipe Critic.