This Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe is a quick and healthier take on your favorite reliable takeout dish, vegetable fried rice. And at just 204 calories and 4 Freestyle Points per serving, it makes a perfectly light side dish.Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
Guys, this cauliflower fried rice recipe tastes just like actual fried rice. I am a rice lover through and through, and can say that this is one healthy swap I don’t mind one bit.
This cauliflower fried rice is ready in under 20 minutes, so it makes a SUPER quick dinner.
Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe Tips
- Make it Gluten Free. To make this cauliflower fried rice recipe gluten free, use a gluten free soy sauce or tamari.
- Make it Vegan. To make this recipe vegan, skip the eggs. They definitely do add to the flavor of the dish, but it’ll still be a tasty batch of veggie fried rice without it!
To save some time, instead of ricing the cauliflower myself, I just used minced cauliflower from the produce aisle at the store.
I’ve seen it called a few things…
- minced cauliflower
- cauliflower crumbles
- riced cauliflower
It’s basically all the same thing, so any of these types will work. You just want them to be rice-like in shape. You can also, of course, make your own from fresh cauliflower. I wanted to save some time, so I cheated a bit.
Can I use Frozen Cauliflower Rice?
I’ve seen a ton of cauliflower fried rice recipes using frozen, so yes, you definitely can use frozen. The reason I didn’t is because I think it would probably make the rice a bit soggy, so I prefer to use fresh.
Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 Eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil Divided
- 1/2 Yellow Onion Diced
- 1 cup Frozen Peas and Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Corn
- 5 cups Fresh Minced/Crumbled Cauliflower find it pre-packaged in produce section
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 Green Onions Chopped
- 4 tbsp. Soy Sauce Low Sodium
- 3 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- Beat two eggs in a medium bowl along with a dash of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, garlic and 1 tsp. sesame oil, set aside.
- In a large pan, heat 1/2 tbsp. of vegetable oil over medium high heat. Add onion and frozen vegetables. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetable oil to pan and add riced cauliflower and soy sauce mixture. Saute for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium heat. Move all ingredients to one side of the pan. Then add 1 tsp. sesame oil to the empty part of the pan, and add eggs to the sesame oil.Scramble eggs on one side of the pan for about 3 minutes, then incorporate into the cauliflower rice. Sauté additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add green onions. Serve immediately.