Double Chocolate Muffin in a Jar is one of my favorite go-to gifts for my friends and family each holiday. 🎅
Double Chocolate Muffin Mix in a Jar came about when our son was involved in a school club and we made hundreds of chocolate chip muffins. I’m not joking! They were the perfect snack and since they were portable and kept for a couple of days. The kids were able to snack on them in between games!
As far as chocolate chip muffins go, I love them but I always tend to add a few extra chocolate chips. (You can never have enough!) You may not want to count calories for these, but it is worth it!
How to Make Double Chocolate Chip Muffins in a Jar
Find, clean and thoroughly dry a quart sized jar.
Add the dry ingredients in the order listed and keep gently patting it down. I like to compress the ingredients on a hard surface like the counter. Put the lid on and attach the printable tag that includes the baking directions.
Word of caution – when putting in the ingredients, make sure to keep tapping it down so all the ingredients will fit! If you just gently pour in the ingredients, you will not get it all to fit.😋
I a batch to show what the end result will be! Oh so good!
How to Make Double Chocolate Chip Muffins in a Jar into Triple Chocolate
This recipe could be changed into a Triple Chocolate Chip Muffin by dividing the one cup of chocolate chips into two different chocolates. Alternatively, drizzle melted white chocolate on top!
Muffin in a Jar Gift Recipe
I think these are extra adorable with a fine gift tag that includes the directions. This is my favorite gift recipe!
Can I Make These into Mini Muffins?
Absolutely! They would be great!! Cook for 8-10 minutes and start checking on them. Since they are so much smaller, they will cook very fast! Just like above, you can add different chocolate chips or drizzle chocolate on top! You could even sprinkle them with powdered sugar.
Other Muffin Recipes
Double Chocolate Muffin in a Jar
For the Jar
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips your choice of flavor
- 1 quart sized mason jar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
For the Jar
- Layer the ingredients into the mason jar in the order that is listed.
- Gently tap the jar on the counter on a towel so the ingredients will settle or there might not be enough room.
- Add tag with directions and ribbon/bow for gift giving.
For the Gift Tag
- Print out, cut and tie to the jar for gift giving.
- Alternatively, you could use a sticker machine to apply the adhesive to the back of the paper and apply to the side of the jar.
- Gift tag has instructions to cook at 350 degres for 15-18 minutes in lined muffin liners. Will make 12 muffins.