This extraordinary 30 Day Family Date Night Challenge is going to make the next 30 days memorable! I have included a free Family Date Night Printable to give you a different idea for each night. There is no need to spend a lot of money for make memories that will last a lifetime.
We launched our 25 Best Date Night Ideas and Fun and Frugal Things to Do on a Weekend last year! Both of these are favorites but didn’t focus as much as we wanted on having fun as a family unit! This Family Date Night Challenge changed all that!
👨👩👧👦 Ten Ways to Conquer the Challenge
It is great to have a challenge, but it’s a wee bit boring to just check off the boxes, don’t you think? Don’t worry! We are going to make this fun! Make sure the kiddos get involved as that will just add to the fun! We used to like to keep things like this on the refrigerator so we could be reminded of the fun. It kept it fresh being always there!
- Roll dice and whatever number comes up, your family will do that activity today.
- Make slips of paper of all the activities and draw them from the jar.
- Depending on the number of kids, have each kid play “pin the tail on the donkey” with the printable and whatever one they pin is the one you do today.
- Play a math game with multiple dice (don’t use the words math game with them – trust me!) For example, roll two dice and have the kids subtract the smaller number from the larger number and the calculated number is the activity you do today.
- How old is your child? That number is the number of the activity you will do today.
- What is the month your child was born in? 1-January, 2-February, 3-March…that number is the number of the activity you will do.
- If anyone has a birthday in the month you are doing this, the birthday person will choose.
- How old is the parent helping? Take that age and subtract the age of the child. That is the number you choose to do today.
- Take your kiddo and spin them around and around…count the spins and when they finally get dizzy, that is the number you pick today. Yes, I am THAT mom! 🙂
- You could be B O R I N G and just choose the day of the month for the 30 options – but where is the fun in that?
📷 Take Photos For The Activity
When you are going through this process, remember to take photos. It is a sweet reminder that so many times the best memories are always captured on the no-spend days! My personal favorite photos are always on our biking or hiking days. Both of them are “no spend” days and we had a blast!
The best part of taking the photos is sharing those memories with your kids as they age. They know what is really important and that is simply time spent with family!
🖥️ Grab them Here
💡Your Ideas for Family Date Night
I provided 30 different ideas for the family date night. I would love to hear your ideas! Please leave a note in the comments! You can find more ideas for your family here on our 47 Fun and Frugal Things to do on a Weekend.
Ginny Collins is a passionate foodie and recipe creator of Savor and Savvy and Kitchenlaughter. Indoors she focuses on easy, quick recipes for busy families and kitchen basics. Outdoors, she focuses on backyard grilling and smoking to bring family and friends together. She is a lifelong learner who is always taking cooking classes on her travels overseas and stateside. Her work has been featured on MSN, Parade, Fox News, Yahoo, Cosmopolitan, Elle, and many local news outlets. She lives in Florida where you will find her outside on the water in her kayak, riding her bike on trails, and planning her next overseas adventure.