I’ve made this 30 minute Parmesan Garlic Roasted Green Beans recipe with you. This recipe is insanely easy, healthy and delicious.
If you’re looking for a quick side dish that is healthy but not boring, this is right up your alley.
🍋 Why This Recipe Works
- Super Healthy – You get lots of valuable nutrients in every bite! Best of all, this is a light recipe, coming in at just 110 calories per serving.
- Five Minutes Prep – Throwing these garlic green beans together is so simple and only takes a few minutes.
- Goes with any meal – This side dish is great to go with steak, chicken, fish, or virtually anything else.
- When you pull them out of the oven, the crispy shreds of Parmesan stick to the green beans to produce a crunchy, juicy bite every time. And the lemon and garlic add a nice little tangy zing that wakes your taste buds right up!
Green Beans – I love it when these show up fresh in grocery stores and the farmer’s markets. I usually buy way too much, but we’ll have a good week of roasted veggies to use them up.
Parmesan – Use either the pre-shredded or the block of real parmesan. I prefer to buy the block of cheese as manufacturers sometimes include additives in the bags of shredded. It doesn’t take much effort to run it through a grater.
Garlic – Load up on garlic for this recipe. My family loves it, so we include a good amount with this.
Step One: Wash the green beans and trim off both ends. Place the trimmed beans in a large bowl.
Step Two: Add the garlic, parmesan, lemon juice and olive oil. Toss well to combine thoroughly.
Step Three: Spread these in a single layer on a sheet pan and bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
📌 Expert Tips
- Always use fresh green beans to get the best results.
- Be sure to leave some space on the pan. Overcrowding means that they won’t cook properly.
- Start with washing and drying the beans. This is an important step, so don’t skip it.
- Make an extra batch for meal prep lunches later in the week.
The combination of garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, parmesan, salt, and pepper gives them the perfect complementary flavors.
Add fresh herbs or other seasonings to add even more flavor if desired.
If you see that your green beans have turned out rubbery it’s because they weren’t cooked long enough. It’s a good idea to double check your oven temperature. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the roasting time if they are still rubbery.
Yep! To get the most out of your green beans, you should trim off the ends. This will keep them the perfect texture. Otherwise, you will notice the ends are tougher to eat.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Parmesan Garlic Roasted Green Beans
- 1 lb Green Beans
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- ½ tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon juice from one lemon
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim ends off of green beans and place into bowl.
- Toss with garlic, olive oil and lemon juice. Add shredded parmesan and toss once more to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Transfer to baking dish. Bake 30-35 minutes. Add sliced lemons after cooking.