Whip out your slow cookers people, because soup season has officially arrived! Today I’m sharing this ridiculously easy and comforting slow cooker vegetarian taco soup recipe. It’s my favorite style of recipe – a dump and go slow cooker meal.
Just like with actual tacos, the toppings really bring the whole dish together. So I highly recommend loading up on your favorite toppings!
I topped our soups with cilantro, green onions, sour cream and tortilla chips.
Freezer Friendly Slow Cooker Vegetarian Taco Soup
Even though I didn’t make this as a freezer meal, this is definitely a freezer friendly recipe!
Freezer Friendly Version: Chop vegetables, add all ingredients (aside from broth) to freezer bag, squeeze out air, and freeze.
When Ready to Cook: Thaw the night before in the fridge. Pour thawed ingredients into slow cooker along with vegetable broth. Follow cooking instructions below.
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Taco Soup
- 15 oz. can Black Beans drained
- 15 oz. can Pinto Beans drained
- 15 oz. can Corn drained
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Yellow Sweet Onion
- 28 oz. can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 32 oz. Vegetable Broth
- 1.5 oz. packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 oz. packet Ranch Seasoning
- Drain and rinse beans and corn. Pour into slow cooker.
- Chop pepper and onion. Add to slow cooker along with diced tomatoes, broth, taco seasoning and ranch seasoning. Mix well. Cook on high for 3 hours (or on low for 6 hours).