I hope you aren’t putting your Air Fryer away anytime soon! These Air Fryer Carrots just may become your family’s new favorite side dish. They are quick, simple, yet have an incredible taste that everyone in my house went bonkers over. Let’s add that all of the ingredients are usually in my house anyways, so it has become my “go to” side dish when I need something easy to add to the meal.
If you are here, it most likely means you have been cooking on your Air Fryer. We used our Instant Vortex 7 in 1 Air Fryer this time, but this works great in a basket style Air Fryer like the NuWave or the Ninja as well. Easy peasy. We can’t get enough of our Air Fryer as it just makes cooking so much easier and my husband declares “so much fun!”
The ingredients are super simple in this Air Fryer carrots recipe! I wanted to take a second to talk with you about the main ingredients. Let’s take a look:
Carrots – You can’t have Air Fryer carrots without the main ingredient! You can use any variety of carrots that you want to. They all taste fabulous and offer vitamins and minerals.
Minced Garlic – We just used one garlic clove, but you can easily add more if you prefer that. Garlic is a great way to make adjustments to the flavors, and it adds nutrients too. You may not realize it, but garlic is filled with vitamin C, vitamin B6, and manganese. It’s more than a delicious ingredient.
Melted Butter – I usually use unsalted butter when I am cooking or baking. It yields better results most of the time. Whether you use salted or unsalted is entirely up to you, though. So try it both ways and see which you prefer.
These carrots are so easy and delish!
Step One: Heat the Air Fryer to 390 degrees.
Step Two: Cut the carrots into long thin strips like matchsticks. Spray a little bit of olive oil on the carrot sticks and put them in the Air Fryer for 10 minutes. Check at the halfway point and turn over. Depending on how thickly you cut then, they may need an additional 1-2 minutes.
Step Three: While the carrots are cooking, melt the butter and combine with minced garlic and fresh parsley. When the carrots are done, add them to a bowl and drizzle them with the butter mixture.
Note: I tend to cook these in a single layer. If you have a front-loading version of the Air Fryer, you will have enough room to cook two trays worth which should be good for 3-4 people. For the basket models, you have two choices.
You can either add all the carrots to the basket and cook for a bit longer, turning them half way through, or you can make the carrots in two batches.
Normally, I don’t stack in the Air Fryer but it works for these carrots and they are forgiving!
You can do several things to make these slightly different each time!
- Replace the garlic with your favorite herb mixture like rosemary and thyme. Ours is growing well in the garden and we cut off some fresh sprigs to add to the carrots.
- Toss carrots with a little balsamic vinegar. This adds an amazing tangy flavor.
- Drizzle a little warm honey over the carrots in place of the butter.
- Replace with the small baby carrots. These usually have a higher water content, so it may take a little extra time to cook.
🍴 Meal Prep Ideas
I love to meal prep as much as possible! These carrots can be made even easier if you do a couple of things ahead of time:
- Cut up the carrots and store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to use them.
- Prep the butter, garlic and parsley the night before so you simply grab the cup and microwave. There is no need to mince or prepare these while you are cooking. It is so much better to prep them ahead of time. Just grab them and melt.
- Get the Air Fryer out and ready to go. I like to find my favorite tongs and have them all ready to go.
These couple of ideas reduce my stress so much that I can’t imagine not meal prepping, even in these little ways.
🥕 If you love using your Air Fryer as much as we do, check out these recent Air Fryer recipes.
Air Fryer Crispy Rotisserie Chicken – If you have a rotisserie basket, you will love this recipe! If you have a basket Air Fryer, you can make it almost the same so go for it! This is DELISH and must be added to the weekly meal rotation. It’s just that good and that easy to make!
Air Fryer Chicken Livers – If you love chicken livers, wait until you try these! Oh my gosh, so yummy and easy to make! I loved that they didn’t need to be made in oil to make them delish! The cleanup was a lot easier too as there wasn’t splatter everywhere.
Air Fryer Broccoli – Broccoli is a favorite vegetable already but by throwing it in your Air Fryer, it just makes it that much better of a side dish! It is so easy to make and adjust to as you like it!
Air Fryer Ravioli – This super yummy appetizer is so fun to make and eat. Make sure to make the homemade marinara sauce as it just takes it to a whole new level!
If you make the Air Fryer Carrots, make sure to let us know how it goes by dropping us a line or commenting below!
Air Fryer Carrots with Garlic Butter and Parsley
- Air Fryer
- 2 Carrots sliced into long thin strips
- 1 tbs Melted Butter
- 1 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped
- Heat the Air Fryer to 390 degrees.
- Cut the carrots up into thin strips the size of french fries. Spray lightly with olive oil and put them in the Air Fryer for 10 minutes. Turn them over half way through. Check them at 10 minutes to see if you want to add 1-2 more minutes.
- Melt butter and add minced garlic and parsley. Stir and allow to rest while waiting on the carrots to finish cooking.
- Remove carrots from Air Fryer and place in a bowl. Pour butter mixture over the top and stir. Enjoy