This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.#BigGameTreats #CollectiveBias
Over the years, we’ve typically had work schedules that didn’t allow for weekends off. This meant that we’d usually miss out on watching our favorite sporting event of the year. This year, we will actually be able to sit home and watch the big game! So I’m planning a menu that hopefully hits all the right notes without requiring a ton of work.
Think: pull out both crockpots, and also make a simple mix-and-serve recipe or two. I don’t entertain often, and when I do, I seem to be completely unrealistic about my time and end up stressed out the whole day! So that’s my strategy this year: quick, easy, and good.
The recipe I’m sharing today, Salted Caramel SNICKERS® Salad, is one of those sinful mix-and-serve recipes I plan on serving for the big game. It’s quick, easy and beyond tasty.
I actually first heard about this salad from a reader a few months ago and I was beyond intrigued. Chocolate and salad aren’t two things that typically go together. And I’ll admit, this is considered a healthy salad in the way that cupcakes are considered bread. 😉
This recipe is inspired by and adapted from Chef in Training. I made a few tweaks to make this recipe my own. I hope you enjoy the version I came up with!
The Ingredients in this salted caramel Snicker salad are all super easy. Odds are you probably have many of them in your home already. Let’s top about some of the main ingredients you are going to need to make this decadent and incredible salad.
Snickers Bars: You will need six Snickers bars for this recipe. They are the star of the show and make it taste even more decadent.
Fruit: I like to use a combination of Granny Smith apples along with grapes. It gives you some tartness and sweetness in every bite.
Caramel Topping: Something that I think that makes this salad extra amazing is the extra caramel topping that it’s true drizzled on top. It just takes it to a new level and it’s so fantastic.
Salted Caramel Snickers Salad
- 6 Snickers Bars Use 4 and reserve 2 for final step
- 4 granny smith apples medium
- 2 cups whole grapes
- 3.4 oz Vanilla Pudding dry
- 2 8 oz whipped topping cool whip
- 2 6 oz vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- Pour yogurt into a large bowl. Pour vanilla pudding packet over the top. Stir to combine until mixture is free of lumps.
- Mix cool whip into yogurt mixture until well combined. Keep bowl refrigerated until final steps.
- Chop apples into medium sized chunks and grapes in half.
- Chop 4 Snickers bars into medium pieces. I found it easier to cut them in half lengthwise, and then cut 4-5 times across.
- Mix all ingredients together and incorporate thoroughly.
- Combine sea salt and caramel topping. Pour into a squeeze bottle or into a container with a spout. If you have neither on hand, drizzle with a large spoon.
- Chop the remaining bars and sprinkle across the top of the salad. Then drizzle caramel mixture over the top.