You have to try this homemade Air Fryer Copycat Cheddar Cheez It Cracker recipe. Six ingredients is all it takes for this delicious air fryer snack.
If you are a cheese lover, you need to try these crackers today. Trust me, you will thank me! If you want to take this recipe a step further, you can make these and then toss in your favorite Mexican seasoning to smoke them out on the grill as we have done many times before.
Picture a batch of these with Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks, Air Fryer Ravioli, Air Fryer Blooming Onion or Air Fryer Taquitos for an impressive Game Day spread or generous choices for family movie night.
🍽️ Why This Works
- Simple Ingredients
- Copycat Cheez It Recipe
- You control the ingredients
- Stores well
- Cheddar Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
Step One: Add cheese, butter and seasoning to the food processor. Pulse until it is well combined.
Step Two: Add in the flour and blend until combined. Add in the water a tablespoon at a time. You want to mix until the dough is formed.
Make three dough balls. Cover tightly and store in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
Step Three: Remove the dough ball one at a time and roll them out. Cut out ½-1″ squares using a kitchen knife.
Step Four: Salt them lightly and place the crackers in the air fryer basket. Use a toothpick to punch holes in the center of each one.
Cook at 370 degrees for 5-6 minutes. Once done, remove and allow them to cool.
Step Five: Serve these up and enjoy!
Grab the printable recipe card below.
❗ Expert Tips
- Make sure to refrigerate the dough, it needs to chill or it will not roll or cook properly.
- Roll out the dough in an even layer.
- Cut smaller-sized crackers so you get a nice even cook.
- Spritz the crackers with oil and then add seasoning if you want to flavor your crackers with other spices.
- The hole in the center allows for the crackers to not puff up as much when cooked.
Cheese crackers can swell up when they are baked or in this case, air fried. The hole helps to prevent the crackers from puffing up too much as it cooks.
If you don’t eat all the crackers right away, allow them to fully cool. Then store in an airtight container or sealable bag. The cheese crackers will store for 5-7 days.
Spritz the crackers lightly with oil, then sprinkle with the seasoning you want. Air fry just as you would with the classic crackers.
Pre-shredded cheese has some extra starches to prevent it from sticking. You will find it is best to use block cheese that you shred yourself. If you do use pre-shredded cheese, you will find the texture will be off a bit.
Yes. Reach for Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free blend and do a 1 for 1 ratio. Then whip up as normal It will be a great alternative if you are on the gluten free diet.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Air Fryer Cheez-It
- Food Processor
- 8 oz Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 2 cups Flour
- 5 tbsp Butter
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2-3 tbsp Water
- In a food processor, mix the cheese, butter and seasoning together.
- Add the flour and continue to mix. Add water one tablespoon at a time until dough forms
- Cut the dough into three, evenly sized dough balls.
- Cover and place into fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Remove and flatten each dough ball on a floured surface. Cut the edges to form a square and cut out ½ to 1” squares. Salt and place in air fryer basket.
- Use a toothpick to punch holes in center of cracker stop them from puffing up.
- Cook on 370 for six minutes. Remove and let cool and dry.
If you try air fryer Cheez It crackers let me know how you like them!