You will love this Air Fryer Pickles recipe. These two ingredient pickles are taking the world by storm. The instructions couldn’t be easier and you’ll have perfect finger food in less than 10 minutes!
One of the main reasons I love this recipe is it uses a store-bought Shake ‘n Bake Chicken seasoned coating mix! You don’t even have to spend the time to make your own. I was shocked at how easy, delicious, and fast this was to whip up and it didn’t sacrifice an ounce on flavor.
🍽️ Why This Recipe Works
- No draining pickles on a paper towel
- Two ingredients
- Quick and Easy Prep
- Crunchy coated pickles
- Minimal oil used
- Air Fryer appetizer to serve a crowd
- Tasty side dish to pair with dinner
- Affordable to make
You literally only need two ingredients plus some olive oil spray to make these. They are just as great as when you buy them at a restaurant too; only you don’t even have to leave the house or spend the money.
Pickles – We used Bread and Butter pickle chips to make this tasty appetizer. You could use regular dill chips if you wanted, it’s excellent either way, so be creative.
If you wanted to go wild, use a spicy or sweet pickle chip instead. The options are endless!
Shake and Bake – Use the extra crispy Shake ‘n Bake so your pickles have a crunchy exterior and a soft interior.
Shake ‘n Bake has been around forever and I love adding it into my recipes because it has so much flavor and is easy to work with.
Dipping Sauce – You can use any dipping sauce that you like, but I have included my homemade tangy recipe for you below. Print it out and use it for other recipes as well.
It’s made of Miracle Whip, ketchup, dill, and a few other simple ingredients. You can’t help but love it.
You don’t have to worry about deep frying these (and all the calories that come with that), and there is virtually no work on your end. Take a look at how easy it is:
Step One: Place a few of the bread and butter pickle chips into the Shake ‘n Bake coating. I used a quart sized Ziploc bag, as you won’t use all of the seasoning.
Add a pickle to the bag and shake to completely cover it. Place the sliced pickles in the air fryer.
NOTE: Extra crispy Shake ‘n Bake comes with two coating pouches per box. I used just a little bit of the seasoned coating at a time and saved the rest for another meal.
Use a little bit of olive oil and spray the pickles. This will keep the coating from coming off during cooking. Turn the temperature to the air fryer to 400 degrees. Cook for 9 minutes, turning them over half way through.
Step Two: While the pickles are cooking, prepare the dipping sauce. Use a small bowl and mix the Miracle Whip, ketchup, dill, sugar, garlic salt, Tabasco, and lemon juice.
Stir until the ingredients are mixed well. Serve the fried pickles along with the dipping sauce and enjoy!
🍴 Meal Prep Instructions
Cook these up to 2-3 days ahead of time.
Then let them cool and place them in the fridge in a container with a snug-fitting lid. When you are ready to serve, put them in the air fryer again to heat up. It takes about 5-7 minutes until they are hot all the way through.
‼️ Freezer Friendly Instructions
Cook the air fryer pickles as directed. Place them on a large baking sheet, so they aren’t touching.
Put the pan in the freezer for 2-3 hours and then place them in a Ziploc bag. Store them in the freezer for up to three months.
Warm them up in the air fryer when you are ready to serve. They don’t have to be thawed.
Just skip the microwave, or they will end up soggy.
📌 Expert Tips
There are many many reasons why I enjoy cooking with my air fryer. If you don’t have one or haven’t used it yet, you’ll be glad to read these reasons why you should try it.
- You don’t need to fry food in lots of oils. I love fried food as much as the next person, but it’s not always the healthiest option. That’s why I love that you can make food in the air fryer and end up with similar results without the guilt.
- It’s fast. Cooking food is very fast and easy. All you need to do is add in the food and turn halfway through cooking.
- Food is crispy and delicious. Can you ever get enough crispy yumminess? I know I can’t, and making all sorts of foods gives me the best crunch for my buck.
- It is easy to store. Air Fryers are compact and can easily fit in a pantry, shelf, or be left on your countertop for easy access.
It’s next to impossible to have enough fried pickles because they are just that good. I always keep going back for more, and I am sure you will do the same. Here are a few variations you may enjoy.
- Sweet Pickles – I love sweet pickles! Why not bread and air fry some to add extra zip to the flavor.
- Bread and Butter Pickles – They usually have just enough spiciness to them. Try it and see.
- Dill Pickle Spears – This will have a nice tangy taste that will go really well with the dipping sauce.
👩🍳 Recipe FAQs
Wet batters should not be used in the air fryer. That is why I created this battered pickle that uses a dry coating and won’t drip and burn up.
If you don’t eat all your pickles right away, store in the fridge until you are ready to eat. Place them back in the air fryer at 375 for a couple of minutes to heat them up. It will provide a crispier texture compared to microwave.
You can use aluminum foil in the air fryer. Don’t cover the whole basket as it will prevent air flow. If you have trays, you can put foil on the bottom to catch any drips, or opt for bread to soak up the drippings without smoking.
Keeping pickles from going soggy is something that is hard. You will want to serve your pickles fresh from the air fryer. Reheat them in the air fryer instead of the microwave.
Air Fryer Pickles with Homemade Dipping Sauce
- Air Fryer
- 1 jar Bread and Butter Pickle Chips or regular Dill Chips
- 1 package Extra Crispy Shake and Bake Coating chicken seasoning flavor
- Spray Olive Oil
Tangy Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- ¼ tsp Dill
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- Tabasco Sauce couple of shakes
Air Fryer Pickles
- Add one packet of Shake /n Bake into a quart sized Ziploc bag.
- Take a few of the pickle chips from the jar and place them in the bag.
- Shake the pickles in the coating mix to completely coat them. Use a fork to turn the pickles over, if you find that easier.
- Lay the pickle slices in the Air Fryer tray or basket. Spray the them with a dash of Spray Olive Oil.
- Turn the temperature to 400 degrees, and set the time for nine minutes. Turn the pickles over at the halfway point.
- In a small bowl, add the Miracle Whip, Ketchup, dill, sugar, lemon juice, garlic salt, and Tabasco. Stir until all ingredients are well mixed. Serve the fried pickles with dipping sauce. Enjoy!