These waffles are wonderful. They’re really fluffy, with a little crunch around the edges, and when you get them buttered, and add some syrup, they just melt in your mouth! They’re made with coconut flour, so they’re gluten-free and low-carb, and you’ll never miss the wheat flour. You’ll want to make sure to keep this recipe in your favorites file because this is sure to be your go-to recipe.
How To Make Coconut Flour Waffles
Besides the amazing flavor of these waffles, my favorite part is that you only need eight ingredients! They are that simple to make, and you should top them with all sorts of yummy things.
First Step: Beat the eggs in a large bowl until they are well mixed and become yellow in color. Pour in the milk and oil and whisk again.
Second Step: Add the coconut flour on top, then sprinkle the baking powder, salt, sugar, and cornstarch, then whisk everything together. Once it’s blended, allow it to rest for five minutes.
Third Step: Make sure your waffle maker is on and hot. Add coconut flour waffle batter to the center of the waffle maker and cook until they are done. Continue making waffles until the batter is all gone, then serve while hot!
Freezer Friendly Instructions
One thing that I love about making waffles is that they are so easy to meal prep and keep in the freezer! Often I will make a double or even triple batch, so we have them ready for those mornings when we don’t feel like cooking. They are great for school days or even in the summer when the kids need to feed themselves.
For a special treat, it is also extremely fun for a Breakfast-for-Dinner!
To freeze the waffles, lay them out on a large baking sheet so that they aren’t touching each other. Place the pan in the freezer for two hours or until they are frozen relatively solid. Once frozen, take the waffles and place them into a large freezer-safe bag. Use as many bags as you need. It’s important not to skip the flash-freezing because otherwise, they will stick together and will be virtually impossible to separate for reheating.
To reheat the waffles, microwave them for 30 – 60 seconds or until they are hot. They warm up pretty quickly, but will become hard if you overheat them.
Another option is to warm the waffles in the oven. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. and place the coconut flour waffles on a baking sheet. Warm them for 10-15 minutes or until they are hot. This will allow them to be slightly crispy on the exterior and fluffy on the inside.
If you want to make this coconut flour waffle recipe a little healthier, substitute the sugar for a sugar-free sweetener instead. This will allow these easy waffles to fit into a keto or paleo diet, depending on your needs.
Coconut Flour Waffles Variations
There are so many delicious ingredients you can add to these waffles to give them even more flavor. Try some of these ideas and see what you like:
- Cinnamon – Add a little spice to your life by adding ¼ – ½ teaspoons of cinnamon to the batter. It’s so yummy!
- Pure Vanilla Extract – Put a splash of vanilla extract in the batter. It gives the waffles an irresistible flavor.
- Almond Extract – If you love the way almond extract tastes, you should add some to the batter too! It’s one of the best flavors when it comes to baked goods.
- Blueberries – Mix ¼ – ½ cup of fresh or frozen blueberries to the batter. They add some gorgeous color and taste great!
- Chocolate Chips – A little bit of chocolate takes these amazing waffles to the next level of awesome! Who doesn’t like chocolate chips for breakfast?
Topping Ideas For Coconut Flour Waffles
You can never add too many toppings to these waffles! They add color and make them taste even better. Dig in and munch on some of these ideas:
- Whipped Cream – If you’ve never tried adding some whipped cream to your waffles, now is the time! It’s beyond scrumptious.
- Berries – Any berries would be lovely on homemade waffles. Strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries would all be great.
- Sugar – Either some powdered sugar or a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar on top. Yum!
- Peanut Butter – Add a dollop of peanut butter to the center and devour. It’s a great way to add some protein.
- Flavored Syrup – Strawberry, blueberry, maple, raspberry, or any other kind of syrup you love will be great.
- Cream Cheese – Sweeten some cream cheese and add it to the waffles for a creamy surprise. Sprinkle a few nuts and enjoy it!
- Chocolate – Whether you use chocolate syrup, chocolate spread, or even chocolate chips, it’s going to be amazing.
These are just a few ideas, but you can seriously add anything you want on top of the waffles. Leave us a comment if you try something on top and love it!
More Tasty Breakfast Recipes
Don’t worry, you can eat these recipes for any more, not just breakfast! They are all so divine you will be craving them.
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies – If you are a fanatic of all things pumpkin, you really need to try these breakfast cookies. They are great for on the go too.
- Mocha Overnight Oats – I can’t think about these overnight oats without drooling. They are the perfect breakfast to wake up to.
- Oatmeal Flour Waffles – These waffles are another great option for breakfast too. These waffles are fluffy and flavorful.
- Homemade Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches – English muffins, eggs, cheese, and ham make these sandwiches drool-worthy. Try them for yourself and see.
Coconut Flour Waffles
- 4 eggs beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- Break the eggs into a large bowl, and beat them with a whisk until they're light lemon color.
- Add the milk and oil, and whisk together.
- Add the Coconut flour, and on top of the flour, add the baking powder, salt, sugar and corn starch, and mix together with the flour, then whisk all ingredients together until well blended.
- Let the batter sit for about 5 minutes.
- Warm the waffle maker until it's ready and hot, and pour or ladle the batter into the center of the waffle maker, and cook until done. (refer to your waffle makers instructions to cook waffles).
- Continue until all batter has been used. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- You can top the waffles with whipped cream, fruit, jam, powdered sugar, sweet cream cheese, nuts, and fruit syrups such as strawberry or raspberry syrup, peanut butter, chocolate, or any other toppings you prefer.