Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
This is your typical pasta salad, kicked up a notch with fresh flavors from the parsley, feta and lemon, kind of providing a little bit of a mediterranean twist.
But honestly, if I throw a little feta into anything I call it Mediterranean, so maybe it isn’t so Mediterranean after all. You be the judge!
This salad is so incredibly easy to make and tastes even better. Let’s talk about some of the main ingredients to get you started.
Pasta: I prefer to use rotini pasta when making this salad. You could swap it out for any of your other favorite pasta if you wanted to.
Vegetables: When it comes to pasta salad the vegetables are such an and important part. They add flavor and character to the dish. We like to add red onions, green peppers, fresh cucumber, and parsley.
Flavorings: You’ll get tons of flavor in this pasta salad. The extra flavor comes from the white vinegar, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and feta cheese.
Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 lb Rotini Pasta
- 1/2 Red Onion large
- 2 Green Peppers
- 1 Cucumber
- 2/3 cup Fresh Parsley
- 1 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese (one 6 oz. container)
- Juice of One Large Lemon
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup White Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder optional
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta just short of al dente according to package directions.
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds, discard seeds. Chop cucumber, red onion, green pepper into pieces of similar size. Transfer into a large bowl.
- Roughly chop parsley. Add parsley and crumbled feta cheese to bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl mix together lemon juice, olive oil, white vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper until well combined. Transfer dressing into the large bowl and stir to combine all ingredients. Set aside.
- Cook pasta just barely to al dente according to package directions. Drain. Add to bowl and mix thoroughly until pasta is evenly coated in dressing.
- Cover. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
We usually whip up this salad when we treat ourselves to some Beyond Burgers, so we have a true cookout/picnic inspired meal (p.s. – vegetarians, have you tried the Beyond Burger yet? They are ridiculously realistic!)
I hope you enjoy this easy pasta salad recipe! For more recipe ideas, see these posts below!
Tomato Cucumber and Onion Pasta Salad Recipe