This soft, gooey and chewy mixed berry dump cake recipe is packed with tart berry flavor.
I’m sharing SPLENDA® Sweetener Products in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™ #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps
Today’s mixed berry dump cake has two awesome features – it has less added sugar thanks to using SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend, and it has no butter! It teeters just on the border of tart and sweet and I think it has the perfect balance.
Instead of butter, I used unsweetened applesauce to moisten the batter. Between the juices released from the frozen berries and the applesauce, the cake is beyond moist (should we start a counter for my use of the word moist in this post?)
I decided to mix all the ingredients in a bowl before “dumping” the cake into the pan to create an even consistency. Yes, I know I broke the cardinal “one step” rule of dump cakes. I’m sorry. Don’t be mad. It was worth it.
Mixed Berry Dump Cake Recipe
- 32 oz. Frozen Mixed Berries
- 4 tbsp. SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 15 oz. Yellow Cake Mix unprepared
- 1/2 cup Applesauce unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine frozen berries, SPLENDA and lemon juice together in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly until berries are evenly coated.
- Add cake mix powder and applesauce to the bowl. Mix thoroughly until there are almost no dusty bits left in the bowl.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake for about 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let cool. Serve with a scoop of ice cream if desired.
This mixed berry dump cake is even better the next day. When you refrigerate it overnight, the cake absorbs even more of the juices and the consistency is kind of a cross between a soft breakfast bar and a dump cake.
So serve for dessert with some ice cream, and then refrigerate the leftovers for breakfast.
Hope you enjoy this mixed berry dump cake recipe! See these other tasty recipe ideas below!