Short on time? This easy vegetarian meal prep is ready in just 30 minutes!
I love meal prepping, and that it doesn’t always have to be a super involved, hours long process. You can make it as simple or as complex as you’d like, depending on how much time you have.
Sometimes you just need food ready to go even if the meal won’t win any awards for creativity. So in honor of lazy Sundays, while still getting stuff done, I have the laziest meal prep for you today. Not only is it vegetarian, but it’s vegan too!
This easy vegetarian meal prep takes about 30 minutes to prepare. Since we’re keeping things so simple, you can jazz it up a little differently each day with fresh mix ins like lettuce, salsa, etc.
You can sub anything you want and the amounts are totally up to you. I made six meals on this day, and this is just what I happened to use.
I used a bag of broccoli for four meals and decided to switch it up with a mixture of frozen peppers and corn for the last two containers. My husband prefers potatoes to rice, so sometimes we’ll roast up some potatoes instead.
All you need is cooked rice, cooked veggies and two cans of beans that have been drained, rinsed and as dry as you can get them. Moisture is the enemy when meal prepping meals like this, so I suggest rinsing your beans first thing, and popping them in a colander to drain while your rice cooks.
To make this super easy on myself, I just make rice in my rice cooker and pop some microwavable vegetables in the microwave, rinse the beans and pop them all next to each other in my Fit Packer containers (these are my go-to. I bought a pack of 16 on Amazon and we use them literally every day).
Easy Vegetarian Meal Prep
Easy Vegetarian Meal Prep
- 5 cups Cooked Brown Rice (about 3/4 cup each meal)
- 2 cans Black Beans (about 1/2 cup each meal)
- 3 cups Cooked Vegetables of Choice (about 1/2 cup each meal)
- Portion prepared ingredients into each container. Close and refrigerate until ready to eat. Before consuming, microwave to heat through. It may be helpful to add a small amount of water to the rice and stirring before microwaving so rice isn't too dry.
- Keeps for about 4 days in the fridge.
- To add some interest to each meal, mix in your desired mix-ins on each day like lettuce, salsa, dressing, fresh avocado, etc. to create a burrito bowl.
- This isn't exactly a recipe, just an idea for what you can add to your meal prep bowls. You can adjust the ingredients and amounts to your liking.
I kept things simple on purpose so we can have some variety throughout the week and season the meals a little differently from day to day. I like to add burrito bowl style toppings like fresh avocado, lettuce, tomato, cilantro and salsa. I do things a little differently every couple of days just to keep the meals from getting boring.
I do work from home so I can take a few minutes to chop this stuff up. But if you’re taking your lunch to an office, just top it with some shredded lettuce, a little guac and some salsa before heading out, and then you have a fresh meal in about a minute.
I hope you enjoyed this vegetarian meal prep! Check out these other vegan meal ideas below.