Updated April 2020 with new Bookmark Designs and a Book Club Summary Printable! All for free for fellow book lovers out there! If you’re a bookworm, you’re going to love today’s post!
These modern free printable bookmarks for adults have two of my favorite design trends happening – marble and gold. Can’t get enough of that combo!
The new bookmarks are watercolor versions with book quotes on them. I am not sure which ones I love more at this point but since I tend to have more than one book that I’m reading at a time, these are great to print and laminate!
There are several color options available – so you can hopefully find one that’s perfect for you. My personal favorites are any of the pinks, and the grey bookmark!
I printed these on a sheet of 8.5×11″ glossy photo paper. Then I laminated the bookmark, to make it sturdier, punched a hole at the top and ran it through the laminator again. You don’t have to do this. You can laminate just once if you like. I like to add a little stray ribbon through the hole.
Download Free Printable Bookmarks
How to Print Bookmark Printables
These are so easy to print off and start using in about two minutes. Plus, I love the option of printing off as many as I would like!
- Click the download link above. Right click to save to your computer.
- Print on 8.5×11” photo paper or card stock at 100% size (don’t resize, to preserve image quality). I used a glossy finish for the bookmarks shown above.
- Optional step: Laminate. Punch a hole at the top, and tie a string so it hangs out of the book when in use.
I like to laminate my bookmarks as they go through a lot – and laminating them saves them for longer use. I like this laminator as it’s easy to use and meant for home use.
Using the printing instructions above, print off the bookmarks and once all the ink has dried, slide the sheet into the laminator photo side up and feed it through.
Laminator Sheets – These are the ones I like to use because they come in so many different optional sizes like a 4×6 so I don’t waste a whole sheet of laminator sheet to print on when I only want to laminate a photo.
Book Club Printable
If you are printing off bookmarks for yourself, maybe think of family, friends and book club members to print them off for as well. Which led us to making a Book Club Printable Summary available for you as a bonus part of this post!
Book Club Printable allows you to print off a sheet and take to your monthly book club meeting. I use it to keep track of the books, what my friends thought about them and I can keep track of ones that were recommended. I keep these in a small folder so I don’t lose track.
Create a Fun Book Club
If you don’t have a book club yet but wanted to be part of one, here are some basic steps to create one! Don’t worry about the thought of “no one will want to join…” Trust me there are always people wanting to join a GOOD book club. Just create a welcoming environment and they will come!
- Put it out to friends, family, workmates and tell everyone to ask anyone that has been wanting to join. Put it out in a neighborhood Facebook group and also ask people at your workout classes.
- Arrange a date and time and stick to it.
- Decide if you are going to have food and drinks.
- Pick the first book and send messages. Enjoy!
- Don’t forget to print off the bookmarks here to give as welcoming gifts! You could put them in little cellophane bags with a couple pieces of chocolate and then tie them with a bow.
Going forward, you’ll want to set some ground rules to encourage people to keep attending:
- Have a democratic way to select books so there isn’t one person picking or suggesting all the time. My favorite way was when our book leader had us anonymously submit titles and we all voted via email. Then she selected the next four books or so.
- Don’t plan too far in advance as people may drop and the group evolves.
- As the leader, decide who is bringing the discussion questions and then make sure you have active discussions and it doesn’t turn into a chatty session about the neighborhood.
Download the Book Club Printable Here.
Enjoy your new Bookmarks and Book Club Summary! Comment below how you are using them! What are you reading? Are they working for you? Let us know!
Please note: These are for personal use only. Do not upload the printable files to your own site. If you’d like to share this printable, please do so by linking to this post. Thanks!