Savorandsavvy.com’s Free Printable SNOW Mantle Bunting Banner Flags are here for the 17th day of Christmas in July! We only have a few days left, so we thought this printable would go well with the Christmas Frugal Decorating post from Day 9! FREE is about as frugal as you can get!
I have been using free mantle printables off the internet for years! I save some year to year and am always on the lookout for new, cute ones! It is so easy to change the style of a room and they cost next to nothing to print. Paper and printer ink are all you need to change the decor of the mantle in a whole new way!
📌 What is It?
When I told friends I was making a bunting and I got a few blank stares and a couple of “huhs?”
It is a flag banner that is draped from one end of your mantle to the other. Check out the picture. Adjust the way it looks by moving the ends and replacing the ribbon or string.
⁉️ How To Get it to Stay on the Mantle?
I use a couple of different techniques.
- If there is a candle or vase already on the mantle, it is easy to use that to pinch the end of the ribbon down. This is my favorite option as it is easy and free.
- 3M has a non-residue tape that works pretty well.
- I’ve used Painter’s Tape successfully without hurting the mantle, but you need to be creative to hide its ugly blue color.
When I made an Easter Bunting Banner, I stuck skewers inside potted plants and twisted the string around to hold them in place. Think out of the box on how to hold the flag banners in place.
Yep! I’ve had homes without a mantle as well! You can still use the SNOW Banner!
- Affix the banner across windows
- Secure the banner across the tv stand/armoire
- Hold the banner across bookshelves
- Drape it across kitchen cabinets
- Scale the banner smaller in your printer settings and drape across potted plants
- Print the banner smaller and cascade it across the front door.
- Make the banner smaller and attach it to a wreath for the front door.
You get the idea! This is so versatile and you will enjoy it for well into February before you bring out your Valentine’s Day decor!
Print out the letters that you want to spell out what you like. I spelled out SNOW but I included all the letters of the alphabet, so print what letters you want to make it your own.
Cut the triangular shapes and hole punch the corners to slide thin, decorative ribbon or a jute string through. Take note to run the ribbon through the front to the back to make sure the ribbon is BEHIND the banner.
🔖 How to Resize (Smaller or Larger)
If you want it to be smaller, hit the Print button on your computer and look for the word SCALE on the printer settings. Move the slider or type in the percentage scale you prefer. Adjust it as you like.
Alternatively, grab it for free to your Google Drive, adjust and print at Staples. I am a big fan of their email print options.
Lastly, snag it to a zip drive and take it to the office supply store and have them reduce it and print for about 40 cents a page.
I hope you have fun with the Free Printable Mantle Bunting Banner! Check in and let us know how it worked for you!
🎄 Related Articles
Free Printable Holiday Gift Planner – Get your gift-giving in order with this printable holiday gift planner. It’s a game-changer.
Free Christmas Printables – These love printables have your name all over them! Take a look and get your home ready for the holidays.
12 Weeks Christmas Savings Challenge – Save yourself the headache over gift-giving and check out this holiday savings challenge.