This super simple Mac and Cheese Recipe is great for those evenings when you are too tired to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, but don’t really feel like spending money eating out!
Mac and Cheese is one of my favorite dishes to make. It’s a tasty and inexpensive comfort food. Like most of us, I like my mac and cheese to be sticky, super cheesy and to have little gooey cheese strands each time I pick up the fork.
If you’re looking for a healthy mac and cheese recipe, this isn’t it. It’s neither low calorie or all natural. It is, however, amazing. So, if you’re not against using a cream-of-(insert here) soup every now and then, you should definitely give it a try.
Medium Shells – Any old pasta will work, but I like the way these shells form small “scoops” to hold a bit more of the gooey goodness!
Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup – This is one of my all-purpose, go-to soups. The funny thing is I don’t think I have ever actually used it as a soup! It is always as an ingredient in a recipe. This is on to keep in your pantry.
Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese – Nothing goes better with cheese soup than more cheese!
Step One: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add your pasta and cook until done.
Step Two: Heat up another pan, melt butter, then add the condensed soup and whisk until warmed through (about one minute).
Step Three: Add shredded cheese and whisk until sticky and thoroughly combined. You’ll know it’s done once it looks like a cheese sauce with no visible bits of shredded cheese. Taste the cheese sauce and decide whether it needs salt and pepper. This is optional because the cream of cheddar cheese soup has salt in it.
Step Four: Drain the pasta and transfer it to large mixing bowl. Pour cheese sauce over top and stir until fully combined. Serve immediately.
Homemade Breadsticks – Serve this with some breadsticks. There is no need to buy prepackaged ones when these are made just as easy!
I’d love to hear if you try this! If you do, I truly hope you enjoy this because it is one of my all-time favorite recipes.
Ooey Gooey Mac and Cheese
- 1 16 oz Pasta Shells medium
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 can Condensed Cheddar Soup
- 1 8oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot to boil and add salt. Add pasta and follow box instructions.
- Heat up another pan, melt butter, then add the cheddar soup and whisk until warmed through. This should take about one minute. Add shredded cheese and whisky until sticky and thoroughly combined. You'll know it's done once it looks like a cream sauce with no visible bits of cheddar cheese. Taste the cheese sauce and decide how much salt and pepper it needs. This is optional because the cream of cheddar cheese soup itself is quite salty.
- Drain pasta, transfer to large mixing bowl. Pour cheese sauce over top and stir until fully combined. Serve immediately.