Four ingredients is all that stands in your way with this Instant Pot Brisket. Tender, juicy, and perfectly seasoned. It’s a game-changer recipe you have to try for yourself.
🍽️ Why This Works
- Four ingredients means it’s easy enough for weeknights or fancy enough for Sunday Dinners.
- Tender juicy brisket
- You pick the steak seasoning you enjoy or make your own Java Rub or All Purpose Dry Rub that we use for grilling but works great indoors as well.
- Less than an hour for tender brisket to slice and serve with mashed potatoes.
- Use your Air Fryer and make a quick side dish like the Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus or the Air Fryer Broccoli so everything can be done and one the table at the same time.
- Olive Oil
- Steak Seasoning
- Beef Broth
Step One: Prepare the beef brisket. Trim away excess fat from the meat with a sharp knife.
Step Two: Season your brisket on both sides with the steak seasoning of your choice. Just rub the mixture liberally on all sides of the meat.
Step Three: Turn the Instant Pot on sauté, and add in the oil. Let it get nice and hot.
Step Four: Sear your beef in the oil to create a rich golden crust. This is going to lock in the juices and add tons of flavor. Don’t skip over this step.
Step Five: Add in your beef broth and pressure cook for 45 minutes on high manual pressure followed by a natural release of pressure.
Step Six: Allow your brisket to rest, then slice and serve as you would like!
Store any of the beef you don’t eat right away in the fridge in proper containers. This is great for leftovers and reheats nicely.
If you don’t want to eat it all right away, freeze it. Just place in vacuum sealed bags or airtight container and freeze for up to 3-4 months. Print off the Freezer Storage Times printable to guide you to how long you should keep everything in the freezer if there are questions.
This can be prepped, cooked and made up into meal prep lunches with quinoa or simple roasted veggies.
Thaw in the fridge overnight and then reheat as you would like.
❗ Expert Tips
Deglaze the bottom of your pot once you are done searing. Otherwise, you will get a burn warning. To deglaze, pour in your beef stock and scrape the stuck on bits in your pot with a wooden spoon.
Trim that brisket! If you don’t, you will have excess fat, and it can affect the texture as well as the flavor. You want your steak seasoning to really soak into the meat.
Let the brisket rest. If you do not, it will run the risk of your brisket becoming dry. Place it on a plate and allow it to cool under a tent of aluminum foil.
Try my Air Fryer Tri Tip if you love a good beef recipe. It is one of our favorites.
Make a batch of Creamy Horseradish Sauce from our Air Fryer Steak Tips recipe. It goes perfectly with this cut of meat. The sauce is the kind you lick the bowl.
Make a batch just to make Brisket Tacos! Don’t forget the homemade salsa and guacamole!
Brisket is a tough cut of beef. Cooking it long and slow is key. But, the Instant Pot allows you to speed up the cooking time. If you find yours is tough, that means it needs to cook longer.
If you overcook brisket it will fall apart. More often you will have a brisket that holds shape and as you slice you get that perfect cut. The key is a very sharp knife for clean lines.
You are welcome to season your brisket with the rub the night before. But cover and store in the refrigerator. Then sear the beef just as you would right before cooking.
High quality brisket can be a pricey cut of meat. It is tougher but when you cook it right, you will get incredible flavor. I love keeping it into our dinner rotation when they go on sale at the store.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Instant Pot Brisket
- Instant Pot
- 1 Brisket small to medium (2-4 lbs)
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- 2 tbsp Steak Rub choose one you love
- Trim the excess fat from the brisket using a sharp knife of kitchen shears.
- Turn the Instant Pot on to SAUTÉ and allow it to heat up for 3-4 minutes. Season the brisket on both sides. Pour in olive oil and place brisket down and sear on each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove it from the Instant Pot and pour in the broth. Deglaze the bottom of the Instant Pot to get all of the bits up off the bottom to help continue to flavor the brisket when cooking. This also helps the Instant Pot not get a burn notice because something stuck to the bottom.
- Turn off SAUTÉ and return the brisket to the Instant Pot. Turn on MANUAL to 45 minutes, making sure the valve is turned closed. Allow the Instant Pot to NATURALLY RELEASE and the remove. Tent the brisket for 5-10 minutes which will allow the juices to stay inside the meat.
- Serve alone, with BBQ sauce, on big crusty buns, in sliders, make brisket grilled cheese, load up baked potatoes or make a heaping pile of nachos. Make this as a base recipe for meal prep recipes.
Ken T says
Why no published comments? I always learn a lot from recipe comments.
Hi Ken! We allow published comments to include the good and the bad. We do find that people comment less and less as time goes on which is unfortunate. If you try it, please come back and let us know how it went for you! Thanks for stopping by! Cheers-Ginny