This keto antipasto salad recipe is bursting with flavors, beautiful colors, and lots of healthy ingredients. It’s perfect for adding some character to your plain old boring lunch! Serve it for dinner to guests, and they will be impressed. Quickly whip up this antipasto salad in a matter of minutes, but it tastes like it took hours.
How To Make Keto Antipasto Salad
You guys! This seriously couldn’t be any easier. There are two steps, and it tastes like you ordered it in a fancy restaurant. You’ll be so glad you tried this, and it is sure to become a household favorite.
First Step: Chop the lettuce and artichoke hearts. Slice the pepperoni and salami. Combine the lettuce, cheeses, artichoke hearts, salami, pepperoni, black olives, and pepperoncini into a large salad bowl.
Second Step: Drizzle with your favorite Italian dressing to taste and dig in!
See, I told you it was super simple to make this easy salad!
Note: If you want to make this vegetarian, you can skip the pepperoni and salami. I added a few extra artichoke hearts and black olives as they are my favorites!
Meal Prep Instructions
If you are like me, you want to meal prep so you can save yourself time and energy later. Plus, it’s a great way to save money because, if you have food ready to go, you aren’t tempted to hit a fast food drive-thru when you come home unexpectedly tired. Here are a few steps you can take to have everything prepped and ready for you:
- Have the lettuce, artichoke hearts, salami, and pepperoni chopped and ready to go and stored in sealed containers in the fridge.
- Put the lettuce in a larger container that you can also fit the other ingredients in as well.
- Mix together the salami and pepperoni and place them in a small container with a lid, or put them in the bowl with the lettuce.
- Put the artichoke hearts, pepperoncini, and black olives in a small bowl, plastic bag, or with the rest of the antipasto ingredients.
- Mix together the parmesan and mozzarella cheese together and keep in a container.
- Put the dressing in a small container, so it’s ready to use and drizzle right before serving.
- This Italian keto antipasto salad will last up to five days in the fridge assembled or unassembled. Keep the dressing off of the salad to have it last a bit longer.
Can Antipasto Salad Be Frozen?
While the lettuce and the Italian dressing can’t be frozen, many of the other ingredients can be. You can freeze the cheeses, salami, olives, artichoke hearts, pepperoncini, and pepperoni. When you are ready to assemble the salad, remove the ingredients from the freezer and place them in the fridge until they have thawed. Mix up the best antipasto salad and serve!
Do I Need To Use Fresh Or Canned Artichoke Hearts?
I prefer to use canned artichoke hearts. They are easy to work with, and it doesn’t take any extra effort on your part. If you wanted to use fresh artichokes, that’s more than fine. You would need to cut the heart out of the center and boil it for at least 15 minutes. Add a few lemon wedges to the water when you are boiling the artichoke hearts. It gives them a bit more zesty flavor that is perfect for this Italian salad recipe.
Is Antipasto Salad Spicy?
No, this Italian salad recipe isn’t’ spicy at all. I would call it zesty with the cured meats and tangy black olives. If you want to make it spicy, add in a few red pepper flakes to get a little heat.
Is There Pasta In Antipasto Salad?
I know when you read the word “antipasto,” it immediately makes you think of pasta salad, but there isn’t any pasta at all in this recipe. Antipasto is served as a starter in Italian meals, and it’s known for its cured meats and tangy, flavorful ingredients.
Antipasto Salad Recipe Variations
One thing I love about this Antipasto Salad besides the flavor and how gorgeous it looks is that you can customize it! Add in all your favorite veggies, and it will be perfect for your tastes! Here are a few variations and ideas for you to try:
- Onions – Chop up some red onions and add them to the antipasto salad. They add lots of flavor and make it look even better.
- Prosciutto – If you are a fan of prosciutto, it just makes sense that you may want to add some to the dish! It’s easy to work with and makes the antipasto salad even more delicious if you can believe that!
- Mushrooms – Using mushrooms in an Italian dish just makes sense. Use canned mushrooms that are plain or marinated. Or you could even use fresh mushrooms.
- Tomatoes – I love adding fresh tomatoes, especially in the summer months, when they are in season. It adds a whole new element to the easy antipasto salad that I think you will enjoy. Tiny grape tomatoes are perfect for this dish.
- Pickled Red Pepper – My mouth is watering thinking about eating some pickled red pepper in my easy salad next time. Try it and see for yourself, but I think it’s delicious.
- Provolone Cheese – I feel like you can never have too much cheese in a salad. Adding provolone gives it an extra scrumptious flavor that is undeniably incredible.
If you love this antipasto salad recipe, check out some of our other healthy salads! I think you are going to love them:
Avocado Tomato Salad Recipe – This easy salad is packed with fresh ingredients like tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, white corn, red onions, and lemon juice. It’s the perfect side for your next backyard barbecue.
Chickpea Orzo Salad – If you’ve been wanting to find a simple salad that’s easy to meal prep, this is the one! It’s a great vegetarian salad too.
Rainbow Chickpea Salad – Eating colorful food that is full of healthy and fresh ingredients is one of my favorite things ever. This rainbow chickpea salad is packed with lots of nutrient-rich ingredients and is simple to make.
Creamy Cucumber Salad – As soon as summer hits, the first thing I want is this creamy cucumber salad. You only need 6 ingredients, and the flavor is out of this world amazing.
Quick and Easy Keto Antipasto Salad
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese cubed
- 4 oz parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts chopped
- 4 oz salami sliced in halves
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini
- Italian Dressing to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a large salad bowl. Stir.
- Serve and drizzle with Italian dressing.