This veggie-packed Chickpea Orzo Salad is an easy and tasty lunch meal prep you’ll actually look forward to having every day!
Lunch Meal Prep – Chickpea Orzo Salad
This chickpea orzo salad is probably one of my favorite lunches EVER. The orzo and chickpeas make this lunch meal prep filling and hearty, making sure it keeps you full throughout the day. And all the fresh veggies make it taste amazing and fresh.
When ready to serve, we mix up the salad with a simple homemade olive oil dressing that ties all the flavors together nicely and we’ve got a flavorful, beautiful lunch meal prep that feels like something you’d order for lunch instead of something you packed from home!
Looking for more lunch meal prep ideas? Try this easy burrito bowl vegetarian meal prep or this list of 20 Easy Vegan Lunch Ideas. And if you’re trying to decide which meal prep containers are best for you, here’s a list of my favorite meal prep containers.
I used this meal prep container for this chickpea orzo salad.
Tips for Making this Lunch Meal Prep
- Chop the kale finely, so it’s nicely incorporated into the salad so every bite isn’t super kale heavy.
- The flavors of this salad develop over time, so your lunch will taste better every day!
- This lunch meal prep lasts for three days. The amounts listed below will feed two adults for three lunches each.
Chickpea Orzo Salad Meal Prep
- 1.25 cups Orzo uncooked
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil extra virgin
- 15 oz. Can Chickpeas rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 1.5 cups Kale stems removed, patted dry, finely chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper chopped
- ¾ cup Red Onion chopped
- ¼ cup Parsley fresh, chopped
- 3/4 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese or to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice fresh squeezed
- ½ cup Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp. Garlic minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook orzo to al dente according to package instructions in a large pot of salted boiling water. Drain. Mix with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Set aside, allow to cool.
- Drain can of chickpeas into a colander. Rinse well. Pat dry. Place in large bowl. Set aside.
- Chop kale, bell peppers, red onion and parsley. Add to chickpeas. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well. Set aside.
- Make dressing by combining lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk well. Set aside.
- Evenly divide orzo between each container, placing the orzo on one side. Next, evenly divide the salad between each container, placing beside the orzo. Divide feta cheese between all meal prep containers. Divide salad dressing into six small containers with lids, place containers on top of orzo.
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and tag #savorandsavvy to let me know you made it! Also, follow me on IG to keep up with new recipes on the blog.