This easy Mexican Stuffed Peppers Vegetarian Recipe comes together in just 45 minutes for the perfect weeknight dinner.
These easy Mexican stuffed peppers are such an easy dinner idea for busy weeknights. If you’re really looking to save time, I recommend making them midweek so you can use some leftover rice from an earlier meal.
So, real quick… I’ve added this recipe into My Fitness Pal because I know lots of us use it for tracking calories. It should come up when you search the recipe name or savorandsavvy.com in the food database. I’m thinking of adding the rest of my recipes on there too, but don’t want to go through all the work if not many people are interested. So let me know if you’d find that helpful so I can gauge if there’s any interest!
Since I’m only cooking for two people, I love that this recipe is leftover-friendly and stores in the fridge for up to three days. I served it for dinner the first night, then stored the extra peppers in zip bags in the fridge and we had them for lunch the next couple of days!
One stuffed pepper rings in at under 300 calories. So it’s a light dinner, even if you want to load it up with your favorite fixings.
Mexican Stuffed Peppers Vegetarian Recipe
- 6 Bell Peppers
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Medium Sweet Onion chopped
- 2 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- ½ cup Corn
- 4 oz. Canned Green Chillies
- 2 tbsp. Taco Seasoning
- ½ tsp. Adobo
- 1/2 cup Salsa a saucy one works best
- 1 cup Cooked Rice
- 15 oz. can Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican cheese, divided use ½ cup for filling, 1/2 cup for topping
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Remove tops from peppers and core.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions and saute for about 5 minutes, until translucent. Add garlic, corn, green chillies, saute for an additional two minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix taco seasoning, adobo and salsa, stir to combine. Add rice, black beans, ½ cup cheese and salsa mixture and salt and pepper to pan. Mix well. Remove from heat.
- Fill peppers with rice mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, at 350F.
Enjoyed this Mexican Stuffed Peppers Vegetarian Recipe?
Try these easy dinner ideas next!