This Pumpkin Delight Dessert is an easy layered fall dessert recipe to serve up this autumn.
Pumpkin Delight Dessert
Fall is my happy place – fall candles, everything pumpkin spice, fall leaves… it’s my favorite time of year and I’m so happy it’s rolled back around. What better way to welcome fall back around than this delicious pumpkin delight dessert.
It has several layers of goodness – a graham cracker crust, a creamy pumpkin layer, a cool whip layer and an indulgent topping layer filled with graham cracker dust, finely chopped pecans and a caramel drizzle.
I’ve seen this kind of recipe called a pumpkin delight dessert, pumpkin lush, pumpkin dessert lasagna or simply a layered pumpkin dessert. No matter what you decide to call it, it is 100% delicious and extremely easy to make at home.
Layers in this Pumpkin Delight Dessert
- Layer 1 – Graham Cracker Crust… a simple homemade graham cracker crust using crushed honey graham crackers, butter and sugar.
- Layer 2 – Creamy Pumpkin Pudding – vanilla pudding mixed with pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and cool whip. This is the best layer of all and where the taste of fall comes through!
- Layer 3 – Cool Whip…. pretty self explanatory.
- Layer 4 – An indulgent topping layer made with graham cracker dust, finely chopped pecans and drizzled caramel.
A Little Tip for Making this Pumpkin Delight Dessert
This is kind of an obvious tip, but make sure to your tub of cool whip is thawed before you’re spreading it over your pumpkin delight dessert! I accidentally left mine in the freezer too long and it wasn’t quite soft enough to spread easily… so my layers blended together a bit as you can see in the photos. It’s still delicious, but it looks nicer if there’s a visual difference between layers.
Pumpkin Delight Dessert Recipe
- 2 cups Honey Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 3.4 oz boxes Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 15 oz. can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 16 oz. Cool Whip
- 1 tbsp. Additional Graham Cracker Crumbs reserved
- 2 tbsp. Pecans finely chopped
- Sundae Caramel Syrup chilled, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs with butter and sugar. Mix well.
- Press graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a greased 9×13″ pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Allow to cool completely before continuing with the next step.
- In a large bowl, whisk pudding, milk, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice together until thickened. Then fold in 1 cup of cool whip. Spread the pumpkin mixture over the cooled graham cracker crust.
- Spread remaining cool whip over pumpkin layer. Then lightly dust the top with remaining graham cracker crumbs, sprinkle with chopped pecans and drizzle on the chilled caramel syrup over top.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours before serving.
Calorie count accounts for using 1/4 cup of sundae caramel syrup. However you’re welcome to use more or less to taste.
The calories included in this recipe are simply an estimate I arrived at using My Fitness Pal’s Recipe Nutrition Calculator.
If you make this pumpkin delight dessert recipe, snap a photo and tag #savorandsavvy to let me know you made it! Also, follow me on IG to keep up with new recipes on the blog.