This is an absolutely delicious dish, and it’s so easy to make. This is a hearty meal in the air fryer that you can have ready in under an hour, and your family will love this. Serve this Air Fryer Kielbasa and Potatoes up with some crusty bread and butter, a side salad, or vegetable, and you’ve got a great balanced meal that will have them coming back for seconds. This is definitely one for the favorites file.
We have been eating Kielbasa and potatoes for years and years. It’s one of the easiest and most delicious meals we make. But now we make it in our air fryer instead of in a skillet. Preparation is a breeze, and so is clean-up. It’s a well-rounded meal that is fantastic for all occasions too.
Potatoes – Most potatoes will be fine in this recipe. I prefer to stick with a Russet or Yukon gold variety because they cook up perfectly. You could opt for a red potato, but they will be a little mushier. Sweet potatoes are another great option to try as well. Don’t worry if you found a great deal on potatoes and want to use them up, but they aren’t russet! You can try it with all sorts of potatoes until you find what you like the best.
Kielbasa – I picked up the package at the grocery store. There were several different varieties, but we prefer the generic Polska (Polish) variety.
The flavors in this comforting dish are out of this world. This is fantastic for feeding a crowd, and even the kids will go to town and gobble it up. There is no wrong way to make it either. Take a look at these simple directions.
Step One: Begin by washing the potatoes. Then, rinse off the red pepper and peel the onion. Set aside.
Step Two: Chop up the potatoes, onions, and red pepper in bite-size pieces. Cut the Kielbasa with a serrated knife into 1/8 inch disks, and add them to the bowl. Spray everything with a little bit of spray olive oil, and toss lightly.
Step Three: Add a bit of garlic salt, seasoned salt, and pepper. Next, add the barbecue sauces and toss again gently.
Step Four: Cook in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Stop the Air Fryer every 8-10 minutes through cooking to flip the Kielbasa, potatoes, and peppers. Then continue cooking.
Step Five: Remove the kielbasa and vegetables and add a little more BBQ sauce on top. Serve on plates or in large bowls.
🍲 Meal Prep
This recipe is excellent for making ahead of time. You can actually completely cook it and keep it in the fridge for up to four days. Warm it up in the air fryer, a skillet with a little bit of olive oil, or in your microwave. Don’t overcook it, or it may dry out. I usually add some extra barbecue sauce right before serving leftovers.
To save yourself time, chop up the onions, peppers and potatoes and store them in the fridge. They will last 5-7 days if they are kept airtight and can be added to all sorts of recipes.
Swaps and substitutions are easy in this recipe. Trade the barbecue sauce for any of your favorite varieties. Use a beef sausage link, chicken links, or even a cheddar link to replace the kielbasa. They are all fabulous, so you can easily add some variety to your dinner plan.
Don’t be afraid to add some other vegetables to give yourself some variation on this recipe. It’s a fantastic base but also tastes great with other ingredients too. If you are looking for inspiration, try these ideas:
- Cheese – After they kielbasa and potatoes have finished cooking, sprinkle some cheddar, parmesan, or mozzarella cheese on top. It’s a fun way to add some pizzazz and extra flavor.
- Cabbage – If you want to add some extra nutrients or just love the flavor of cabbage, add a few slices to the mixture. Yummy!
- Green Onions – Top the cooked dish with some freshly diced green onions. They have a fantastic flavor and will make it look even more appealing.
- Air Fryer Whole BBQ Chicken – I love making this whole chicken. It’s fall-off-the-bone delicious and so easy to make.
- Cheesy Roasted Air Fryer Asparagus – Making asparagus is practically effortless in the air fryer. It only takes 10 minutes, and you have this heavenly side dish.
- Air Fryer Tri Tip Roast – Add some character to your Sunday dinner with this incredibly easy tri tip roast. The air fryer is the perfect method for making it too.
- Air Fryer Ravioli – Not only does my recipe have the ravioli itself, but I also give you the best homemade marinara recipe too! It’s so yummy and comforting.
Air Fryer Kielbasa, Potatoes, Onions and Peppers
- 1 package Kielbasa
- 1 Onion large, sweet
- 1 Red Pepper
- 4 Potatoes
- Spray Olive Oil
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- Garlic Salt, Seasoned Salt, and Pepper to taste
Prepare the Vegetables
- Wash the potatoes and red pepper. Peel the onion.
- Chop the potatoes, red pepper and sweet onion into bite sized pieces. Keep them to a uniform thickness. Place in a bowl.
Season the Kielbasa and Vegetables
- Slice the kielbasa into ⅛ – ¼" slices and add to the bowl
- Add garlic salt, seasoned salt and pepper. Toss gently.
- Add the BBQ sauce and toss again to cover all of the ingredients
Air Fry the Kielbasa and Vegetables
- Set the Air Fryer to 350 degrees and add the kielbasa and vegetables. Make sure to keep enough space around the ingredients to keep good air flow.
- Set the timer for 25 minutes, and turn them over every 8-10 minutes.
- The kielbasa should be cooked with browning on the edges and the potatoes should be fork tender. If they are not, add them back to the air fryer for another five minutes