Slow Cooker Lemon Herb Turkey Legs will knock your socks off with not just the ease of THREE INGREDIENTS but the taste as well! Invite those friends over! I know it’s a slow cooker meal, but it doesn’t taste like it and it doesn’t look like it. Make a side dish (hint, hint – roast vegetables!) and a fresh dessert for a fun night with family and friends.
We cook turkey thighs all year with poultry seasoning but decided this past week with Thanksgiving coming, we wanted to dish out a platter of gorgeous turkey legs…I was thinking exactly what you are thinking. They will fall apart and become a sloppy mess. But here’s the deal. They didn’t – and they tasted so amazing! All with just THREE INGREDIENTS!
I keep saying that because it will blow you away how delicious they taste with so few ingredients. We’ve all made the recipes with a dozen ingredients (some of which we are like, “really”?) and then the recipe falls flat. Raise your hand if you’ve had that happen? Pick me! Pick me! That just doesn’t happen with these Slow Cooker Lemon Herb Turkey Legs!
Turkey legs are a dark meat, so generally speaking, they tend to be a juicier part of the turkey. To keep these turkey legs from drying out, add a cup of white wine to the bottom of the slow cooker. The white wine and lemon herb seasoning makes for a grand flavor that is a crowd pleaser.
If you aren’t already salivating, let’s talk about what you need to make these turkey legs. It’s amazing that three ingredients are all that’s needed. Have a peek:
Turkey Drumstick Legs: Forget going to a festival or carnival and spending loads of money on turkey legs, when you can easily make them at home. YUMMY!
Mrs. Dash Lemon Herb Seasoning: I LOVE Mrs. Dash seasonings. There are so many to choose from, and you can make a variety of combinations and flavors too. We chose lemon-herb because that’s what we were in the mood for, but you can try any flavor you like.
White Wine: The white wine gives these turkey legs the perfect flavor. You aren’t going to believe how good they are.
These are insanely easy to make! Since these only use three ingredients, it is hard to mess it up. The tips below will help with any hiccups that you might have.
Step One: Rub the turkey legs dry with paper towels. Then rub the legs with a little bit of olive oil and use one tablespoon of Mrs. Dash’s Lemon Herb seasoning on each leg.
Step Two: Pour one cup of white wine in the bottom of the slow cooker/crock pot and then add the drumsticks. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Check the internal temperature at four hours to see if it is at 165 degrees. If it isn’t, cook for another 30-60 minutes and check again. Slow cookers can be just like ovens and each can vary slightly so always check the temperature.
🍴 Tips and Tricks
- Use a cup of water, broth or wine at the bottom of the slow cooker to help retain the moisture inside the slow cooker. The wine adds a really fun flavor to the legs as well.
- Rub the turkey legs on both sides with the seasoning. I know you want to just sprinkle on top, but you really get more flavor when you rub the entire leg.
- Don’t overcook! Set your timer on this one. If you overcook, you will have the legs fall apart and become a mess. The wine will keep it moist ,but overcooking it will impact your presentation. Take care to watch the timer on this one!
🍽️ Meal Prep
- Get the slow cooker ready on the counter.
- Prep the turkey legs the night before.
- Have a bottle of wine ready to go, but I would not pour it until it is time to add it to the slow cooker.
- If using broth, measure out and prep the broth the night before.
If you do these few steps, you can have the Turkey Legs in the slow cooker in under 5 minutes.
🥘 Are These Freezer Friendly?
You can certainly cook and then freeze them! They are a great meal prep lunch if you add some yummy vegetables on the side!
To complete a hands off dinner with these, think about roasting vegetables to go with it. Simply toss them on a sheet pan and put in the oven with the appropriate seasoning for 20-30 minutes before you are ready to have dinner on the table.
🥄 Related Recipes
Sheet Pan Roasted Delicata Squash – these are so quick and easy to toss on a sheet pan! Since you don’t have to peel them, you just wash them, remove the seeds and toss them with honey and balsamic vinegar! This is an easy 5-7 minutes from start to putting them in the oven!
Sheet Pan Roasted Beets and Carrot – these are one of the most popular meal prep veggies. Cut and peel them as desired. Toss them on a sheet pan in around two minutes if you meal prep them earlier.
Honey Herb Roasted Carrots – these are one of our family’s favorites! We eat them as they come out of the oven – even before they hit our plates! They are that good! I dare you to try them and tell me differently. 😁 They are a simple, yet delicious side that won’t keep you in the kitchen but just a couple of minutes.
Slow Cooker Lemon Herb Turkey Legs
- Slow Cooker
- 2 turkey drumstick legs
- 2 tbsp Mrs Dash Lemon Herb Seasoning
- 1 cup white wine
- Place a cup of white wine in the bottom of the slow cooker. I used my Instant Pot's slow cooker function for this recipe but you can use a regular crock pot.
- Rub each turkey leg with a tablespoon of Mrs Dash's Lemon Herb Seasoning.
- Place each leg in the bottom of the slow cooker and cook for about 5 hours. Don't overcook or the legs will start to come apart.