If you enjoy this slow cooker salsa chicken recipe, check out these easy dinner ideas!
I first found out about slow cooker salsa chicken a few years ago from a reader (thank you!), she said it was super simple and needed just two ingredients – chicken and salsa. I’ve made it ever since, with an adjustment or two, because complicating things is one of my specialties. 😉
It is so, so easy. You can definitely make this a freezer meal… just pour the ingredients into a freezer bag, shake the bag up and store it in the freezer. When ready to cook, put it in the fridge the night before and toss the ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning!
The ingredients in this slow cooker salsa chicken go together beautifully. I can’t wait for you to sink your teeth into this incredible meal. Let’s talk about the ingredients you will need really quickly.
Chicken Breasts: For best results, use boneless skinless chicken breast. You could also use boneless skinless thighs if you’d rather.
Salsa: Any kind of salsa will be fantastic! If you love it hot or mild, either way, would be great. We change what we use depending on the day. 🙂
Corn: Either frozen or canned corn will all be awesome in this recipe. They both work well with the other ingredients and cook great.
1. Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray (or brush with olive oil)
2. Pour salsa, chicken and corn into slow cooker. Mix well. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.
3. Shred chicken. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve in tortillas, or over rice.
Topping suggestions: sour cream, cilantro, fresh-squeezed lime juice, hot sauce, avocados.
We served them in tortillas, squeezed lime juice over top and topped with a couple of avocado slices and a dollop of sour cream.
If you don’t want to use tortillas, build it up as a burrito bowl over rice using the same toppings.
Alternatively, you could serve without shredding and scoop the salsa/corn mixture on top. Serve with vegetables and have incredible weeknight meal made in just a few minutes.
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- 2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 24 oz Salsa mild, medium or hot, your choice!
- 12 oz Frozen Corn or can of corn, drained
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray (or brush with olive oil)
- Pour salsa, chicken and corn into slow cooker. Mix well. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Shred chicken. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve in tortillas, or over rice.