These Cranberry Bliss Truffles are sweet, delicious, and so easy to make. Each batch makes 48 truffles so it’s great for feeding a crowd. It only takes 20 minutes to make them too.
These truffles all came about as we adore Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars. I’ve mentioned that before in Facebook posts and shared other bloggers’ knock-off recipes as we love them that much. So we made these, a Cake Mix Cookie version and a Thumbprint Cookie version.
This is so stinking easy as I have adapted the old Oreo Truffle idea that we have been making forever…You make them, right? Please tell me you are making them? If you’re not, stop and open a new tab and google that real fast. They are so easy and so good! One of our all-time favorites!
🍽️ Why This Recipe Works
It’s Easy: Even if you are a beginner you can easily make this recipe. Get the kiddos involved because I am sure they will be happy to help!
Only Six Ingredients: You will get tons of flavor with these six simple ingredients.
Fantastic Gifts: Whether you are part of a cookie exchange or want to give something to friends, these truffles are there to save the day.
Oreos: I recommend the Golden Oreos for the best results. The flavor is perfect for these truffles.
Cream Cheese: Using some cream cheese is a wonderful binder to hold the ingredients together well.
Craisins: The tangy and sweet flavor of dried cranberries is incredible.
Step One: Start out by crushing golden Oreos in your food processor. Zest a teaspoon of lemon and a teaspoon of orange to the mix. Add cream cheese and a few dried cranberries. Pulse a few more times to mix it together. You may need to use a spoon if the cream cheese doesn’t mix easily.
Step Two: After it is mixed, roll small, quarter-sized balls of the mixture and place them on wax paper while you melt your white chocolate in a double boiler.
Note: I like to use Candi Quik for the melting chocolate like I did on the Snickers Truffles. I tend to find it at Walmart. It is my favorite (and I think I have tested them all including expensive ones from chocolate stores) because it melts beautifully and hardens quickly. Walmart has another off-brand that sits right next to Candi Quik and it’s good too!
Step Three: Use two forks to drop the quarter-sized balls into the melted chocolate and roll them around to get full coverage. Place them back on the wax paper to harden.
Step Four: After they have hardened, drizzle white chocolate over them and while that chocolate is still wet, sprinkle on more dried cranberries. The chocolate will harden and lock the cranberries in place.
👩🍳 Recipe FAQs
I also like to use the double boiler method for this one. If you haven’t used that technique before, place a couple of inches of water in a two quart pan and place a glass bowl over the top. The bowl is partially filled with chocolate and rests on the pot. It does not touch the water. The heat and steam will melt the chocolate. Make sure that you melt this on a low temperature and stir often.
If you get excited and want to turn up the temperature, it may burn the chocolate. I’m impatient, I did it years ago thinking I was smarter than the chocolate. I’m not. The chocolate won. Don’t let it happen to you. I warned you!
You know I can come up with ways to meal prep just about anything and this one is no exception. I really like to prep these things the night before, and then make them in the morning.
Crush the cookies and put them in a ziplock bag.
Measure out the cranberries.
Zest the orange and lemon and place them in a small container to put in the refrigerator.
Prep the stove with the pan, water, and the bowl for the chocolate.
Layout the wax paper for the truffles.
📖 Related Recipes
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Cranberry Bliss Truffles
- 1 package Oreos golden/vanilla
- 1 package Candi Quik melting chocolate
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- ½ cup Craisins dried cranberries
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- Using a food processor, crush the oreos until they are finely chopped.
- Add the softened cream cheese to the oreos and combine in the food processor. Add the lemon and orange zest.
- Add in the half Craisins and mix well. The remaining Craisins will be used on top of truffles.
- Using a small scoop, make ¾ – 1 inch balls and place on wax paper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- While the truffle balls are in the refrigerator, melt the chocolate either in the microwave in microwave safe bowl or using the double broiler method. Set aside one small block of chocolate to melt at the end for the drizzle.
- Dip each truffle into the chocolate with two forks and gently shake off the excess chocolate. Lay each dipped chocolate onto the wax paper.
- Melt the last block of chocolate for the drizzling in the same manner as above.
- Cut a very small slit into a gallon Ziploc bag. Pour chocolate into the bag and drizzle back and forth on top of the truffles.
- Add the remaining Craisins to the top quickly as the Candi Quik dries fast.
Measure out the cranberries. Zest the orange and lemon and place them in a small container to put in the refrigerator. Prep the stove with the pan, water, and the bowl for the chocolate. Layout the wax paper for the truffles.