Who else is looking for a “knock it out of the park” cookie for the holidays? Cranberry Bliss Cake Mix Cookies to the rescue in just 20 minutes! It is loaded with cranberry, lemon, and orange.
This recipe combines two of my very favorite things. Cranberry Bliss and cookies! I love easy cookies that don’t take too long and aren’t the same thing that everyone else makes.
If you are not a huge baker, I highly recommend trying this recipe. It is quick to make, requires minimal prep, and tastes delicious.
🍪 Why This Recipe Works
Simple Ingredients | You might be able to raid your pantry and find all the ingredients you need. I always keep my pantry stocked with cake mixes for recipes just like this.
Easy Steps | This is a cookie recipe that is easy to whip up. There are no long drawn out steps here. It is straight to the point mixing and then baking.
No Chilling Dough | This recipe does not require you to chill the cookie dough. So you instantly it whip up, drop on a cookie sheet and then bake. This is a great dessert for last-minute guests.
- Cake Mix | I used a white cake mix. You could use a yellow cake mix as well. But, I find white is best.
- Lemon and Orange Zest | If you haven’t tried it, make your own lemon zest ahead of time and dry it. It saves time and money
- Typical Baking Ingredients | You probably already have the butter, egg, and oil in your refrigerator.
- Cranberry Bliss | Craisins and white chocolate chips are the key here. They pair perfectly together!
These are the perfect “I need a quick, yet impressive cookie to take to…fill in the blank!” We’ve all gone to those events. It’s ok. You’re covered. Grab those few ingredients and let’s get started.
Step One: Grate one tablespoon each of lemon zest (or dried lemon peels) and orange rind into a mixing bowl.
Step Two: Combine all the remaining ingredients into the mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
Step Three: Use a small cookie scoop to form 12 cookies on a parchment-lined sheet pan and cook for 9-11 minutes. They should be just starting to get golden brown when it is time to remove them.
That’s it! You will be able to make about 2 – 2 ½ dozen cookies depending on how big your scoop is and how much dough you snack on before it is cooked!
My husband is notorious for eating the cookie dough!
🍲 Meal Prep Tips
These are great to meal prep! The best option is to make the dough and seal it up really good to store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Take the dough out 15 minutes before you plan to bake to bring it up to room temperature. Then bake as directed.
Alternatively, make the dough and form the balls. Freeze the balls separately on a sheet pan for 6-8 hours.
Remove from the freezer and place in a freezer safe Ziploc bag. When you are ready to cook, remove them from the freezer and let them come up to room temperature. I use this technique a lot when I am cooking for me and my husband. It is easy just to make enough to satisfy our sweet tooth.
🍴 Expert Tips
- These cookies can be frozen for 60-90 days with no problem. The key is to wrap them up really well so they don’t get freezer burn. The best way to do this is to pre-wrap them individually and then seal a second time in a freezer safe Ziploc bag. You can also double bag them in freezer safe bags.
- Store these at room temperature in a sealed container for up to five days. I promise, you’ll eat them before the five days is up!
- Store these in the refrigerator for up to two weeks in a sealed container.
👩🍳 Recipe FAQs
The answer is what can’t you do with cake mix. Bake up waffles, transform them into cookies, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, and more. Cake mix is such an essential ingredient anymore for your pantry.
For this particular cookie recipe, you do not flatten the cookies out. For a cookie like peanut butter cookie, you do.
📌 More Cranberry Recipes
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Cranberry Bliss Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Sheet Pan
- Parchment Paper
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- ⅓ cup Butter room temperature
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- ¾ cup Craisins
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients into mixer bowl and mix.
- Using a scoop, place one tablespoon sized dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Check at 9 minutes. I have cooked mine up to 13 minutes before. They should be soft to the center and lightly golden brown.