This Snickers Truffles recipe is my new Christmas fave! Filled with golden Oreos, cream cheese and crushed Snickers bars, this is a cookie swap winner!
The celebration continues here at savorandsavvy.com for Christmas in July Day 19! We only have a few days left to get in the mood!
We started making Oreo Truffles years ago, but wanted something different! I also wanted something that was equally easy to make for holiday parties and fun yuletide snacks. Enter the Snickers Truffles!
Gather up the ingredients of Golden Oreos, 8 oz of softened cream cheese, a pack of Candi Quik melting chocolate and 3 large Snickers or about 12 mini Snickers.
Combine the Golden Oreos and softened cream cheese in a food processor. Pulse until fully combined. Chop up the Snickers bars into small pieces. Add in 2 -2 ½ of the large Snickers bars and combine in the food processor. There will now be the center of your truffle.
Reserve about half of a finely cut up Snickers bar to sprinkle on the top of the truffles after they have been dipped in chocolate.
Form one inch balls from the mixture and place on a waxed paper lined sheet pan. Once they are all formed, place in the refrigerator to harden while melting the chocolate.
Using the double boiler method, heat up 2 inches of water and place a glass bowl over the opening of the 2 qt pan. Don’t bring to a boil, just heat on medium-low heat.
Place the chocolate in the glass bowl on the pan and allow it to gently melt down keeping the temperature to medium-low or low so the chocolate doesn’t burn.
Keep stirring the chocolate until it is fully melted.
Remove the truffle balls from the refrigerator and dip one at a time into the chocolate using two forks to help fully coat the truffle. Sprinkle the dipped truffle with a little bit of the reserved crushed Snickers bar. Sprinkle it on right away as the Candi Quik hardens fast.
Store the truffles in the refrigerator as there is cream cheese that can’t be left for long periods on the counter. You can safely leave out the truffles for two hours. But, hey! I highly doubt these can stay on the counter that long without being eaten!
What Other Candy Bars Can Be Used?
Try Butterfinger or Twix bars for a great twist on this recipe while keeping with the base of Golden Oreos and cream cheese! I haven’t tried it yet, but next on my list is to use M&Ms in the truffle. I think the colorful shells will make these look amazing.
What if I Don’t Have a Food Processor?
You can still make these! Try using a blender or even a hand mixer. It will be a little bit more work pulling the cream cheese, cookies and candy bar together but it will work. Be patient and it will come together.
Can I Use Low Fat Cream Cheese?
You can! Since you aren’t melting the cream cheese, you don’t need to worry about it melting differently which is usually the concern! Go ahead and save calories!!!
❄️ Related Recipes
Cranberry Bliss Truffles – These truffles are the BOMB! You really need to sink your teeth into some.
Microwave Peppermint Mocha Fudge Recipe – You’ve never had fudge this intense before. Yummy!
Nutella Cracker Bites – So easy to make and perfect for holiday parties.
Nutella Chex Mix Bites – I can eat this treat year round. It’s so tasty and simple to make.
- 1 package Golden Oreos
- 1 8oz cream cheese softened
- 12 bite sized Snickers Candy Bars
- 1 package Candi Quik
- Combine the package of oreos along with the 8 oz cream cheese in a food processor. Make sure it is fully combined.
- Add in 8 -10 bit sized snickers candy bars. Those are the super small Halloween sized ones. You may want to pre-cut the in 4 before adding into the food processor.
- Once this is all combined, form 1 inch balls and place on a waxed paper lined sheet pan. Place in the refrigerator to chill while melting the Candi Quik.
- Finely chop the remaining Snickers bites into very small pieces to sprinkle on top of the truffles.
- Using the double boil, method, melt a few block of Candi Quik at a time on low. Stir often.
- Once fully melted, dip a truffle into the chocolate using two forks and gently tap the forks on the side of the bowl to release excess chocolate. Once that is complete, place the dipped truffle on the wax paper.
- Sprinkle a little bit of finely chopped Snickers on top of the truffle right after it has come from the melting chocolate. This chocolate hardens quickly and you can't wait until they are all done to sprinkle on top.
- Continue until all of the truffles are complete.
- Store in the refrigerator since the center of these truffles are made with cream cheese. Leaving out for up to 2 hours only is safe. Make sure to refrigerate after that point.