This 20 minute Snickers Truffles recipe is my new Christmas fave that I can’t wait to share with you. It is filled with golden Oreos, cream cheese, and crushed Snickers bars, this is a cookie swap winner!
We started making Oreo Truffles years ago, but wanted something different! I also wanted something that was equally easy to make for holiday parties and fun yuletide snacks. Enter the Snickers version.
🍽️ Why This Recipe Works
Large Batches | Each batch makes 48 sinfully delicious truffles! That is perfect if you are making them for a cookie exchange.
Four Ingredients | You seriously only need four ingredients to make these truffles and they are so incredible.
20 Minutes | Not only do you need just a few ingredients they are super fast to make too!
Oreos: I prefer to use Golden Oreos because they are super tasty. They give the truffles the perfect texture too. It is easy to swap them for regular Oreos if you have those on hand.
Cream Cheese: Set the cream cheese out for an hour or so before you begin so it can soften, or put it in the microwave for a minute or so until it’s softened. You just don’t want to melt it.
Snickers: Nothing is more delicious than Snickers if you ask me! They are the perfect addition to this recipe.
Step One: Gather up the ingredients of Golden Oreos, 8 oz of softened cream cheese, a pack of Candi Quik melting chocolate and three large Snickers or about 12 mini Snickers.
Step Two: Combine the Golden Oreos and softened cream cheese in a food processor. Pulse until fully combined. Chop up the Snickers bars into small pieces. Add in 2 -2 ½ of the large Snickers bars and combine in the food processor. These will now be the center of your truffle.
Step Three: Reserve about half of a finely cut up Snickers bar to sprinkle on the top after they have been dipped in chocolate.
Step Four: Form the dough into one inch balls and place them on a waxed paper lined sheet pan. Once they are all formed, place it in the refrigerator to harden while melting the chocolate.
Step Five: Using the double boiler method, heat up two inches of water and place a glass bowl over the top of the two qt pan. Don’t bring it to a boil, just heat it on medium-low heat.
Step Six: Place the chocolate in the glass bowl on the pan and allow it to gently melt down keeping the temperature to medium-low or low so the chocolate doesn’t burn.
Keep stirring the chocolate until it is fully melted.
Step Seven: Remove the truffle balls from the refrigerator and dip one at a time into the chocolate using two forks to help fully coat it. Sprinkle the dipped truffle with a little bit of the reserved crushed Snickers bar. Sprinkle it on right away as the Candi Quik hardens fast.
📌 Expert Tips
- Swap the Snickers for other candy. Butterfinger, Reece’s, and Heath bars are all yummy options.
- Make them for gifts to surprise your family members or friends.
- If you are in a hurry for the chocolate to set up, you can add it to the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
👩🍳 Recipe FAQs
Store the truffles in the refrigerator as there is cream cheese that can’t be left for long periods on the counter. You can safely leave out the truffles for two hours. But, hey! I highly doubt these can stay on the counter that long without being eaten!
Try Butterfinger or Twix bars for a great twist on this recipe while keeping with the base of Golden Oreos and cream cheese! I haven’t tried it yet, but next on my list is to use M&Ms in the truffle. I think the colorful shells will make these look amazing.
You can still make these! Try using a blender or even a hand mixer. It will be a little bit more work pulling the cream cheese, cookies and candy bar together but it will work. Be patient and it will come together.
You can! Since you aren’t melting the cream cheese, you don’t need to worry about it melting differently which is usually the concern! Go ahead and save calories!!!
❄️ Related Recipes
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
- 1 package Golden Oreos
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 12 Snickers Candy Bars bite-sized
- 1 package Candi Quik
- Combine the package of oreos along with the 8 oz cream cheese in a food processor. Make sure it is fully combined.
- Add in 8 -10 bit sized snickers candy bars. Those are the super small Halloween sized ones. You may want to pre-cut them before adding into the food processor.
- Once this is all combined, form one inch balls and place them on a waxed paper lined sheet pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator to chill while melting the Candi Quik.
- Using the double boil, method, melt a few block of Candi Quik at a time on low. Stir often.
- Once fully melted, dip a truffle into the chocolate using two forks and gently tap the forks on the side of the bowl to release excess chocolate. Once that is complete, place the dipped truffle on the wax paper.
- Sprinkle a little bit of finely chopped Snickers on top of the truffle right after it has come from the melting chocolate. This chocolate hardens quickly and you can't wait until they are all done to sprinkle on top.
- Continue until all of the truffles are complete.
- Store in the refrigerator since the center of these truffles are made with cream cheese. Leaving out for up to two hours only is safe. Make sure to refrigerate after that point.