This Instant Pot Cauliflower Fried rice is delicious, easy to make, and cooked in no time flat. You can serve this for dinner on busy nights or weekends when you want to stay in and eat a healthy meal. It is loaded with vegetables, and great for your kids! You’ll love this recipe.
How To Make Instant Pot Cauliflower Fried Rice
Cauliflower fried rice is a great alternative to regular fried rice. It has significantly less carbs and is cooked in just a few minutes.
First Step: Put the butter and olive oil in the Instant Pot and turn it to Saute. After the butter has melted, add the onions and garlic and cook until fragrant and golden brown.
Second Step: Turn off the Saute function and place the riced cauliflower, cauliflower florets, peas, green beans, carrots, and chicken broth in the Instant Pot. Add some garlic salt and pepper to taste. Then, put the lid on the pressure cooker, make sure the vent is in the sealed position, and set to Manual for four minutes.
Third Step: After the Instant Pot has finished cooking, turn the valve to the venting position with a towel or wooden spoon. Once the pressure is released, you can remove the lid.
Fourth Step: Give the cauliflower a stir, then turn it onto saute. Continue stirring until the liquid has been absorbed, and it becomes a golden brown color. Push the cauliflower rice off to one side and break an egg in the pressure cooker. Scramble it and continue cooking until it’s done.
Fifth Step: Mix the cauliflower rice and egg together until combined. Turn off the pressure cooker and add the soy sauce and brown sugar. Give it another stir and serve with green onions.
Meal Prep Instructions
Meal prepping and planning saves you valuable time, and it’s helpful in saving you money too. Take a look at these tips to get started for this recipe:
- Chop the onions, celery, carrots, and cauliflower florets and place them in a container with a lid.
- Put the frozen green beans, riced cauliflower, and peas in a gallon-sized freezer bag. Put back in the freezer until ready to use.
- When you are ready to cook, follow the directions as instructed.
- You can keep the cooked cauliflower fried rice in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Freezer Friendly Options
This Instant Pot cauliflower fried rice is a wonderful option to freeze for later. Just put the cooked meal in an airtight container with a tight-fitting lid or freezer bag after you let it cool. Store it for up to four months. When you are ready to thaw it and eat, place the cauliflower fried rice in the fridge to thaw overnight and heat it up in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil. Toss it until it’s hot all the way through.
What Does An Instant Pot Do?
If you have been terrified of using your Instant Pot because you aren’t sure how it works, don’t worry! It’s not that bad, and once you get the hang of it, you’ll be amazed at all the fantastic things you can make.
Desserts, side dishes, and main courses will leave lasting impressions on everyone who eats them. Try it, and you’ll see for yourself.
The Instant Pot is such a helpful and creative kitchen gadget. You can make rice, saute meats and veggies, make homemade yogurt, slow cook, and steam foods. The options are seriously endless when it comes to cooking in an Instant Pot.
You can even cook meat when it’s frozen if you cook it in a pressure cooker. Imagine all the time that you can save with this. Plus, if you don’t have time to plan ahead, you can quickly and effortlessly throw together dinner at the last minute.
You can easily substitute a few of the ingredients to make it easier for you. Here are a few options for you:
- Broth – If you don’t have chicken broth, you can use beef or vegetable broth.
- Fresh Green Beans – If green beans are in season, swap frozen for fresh.
- Coconut Aminos – If you are trying to eat gluten-free, you can trade the soy sauce for coconut aminos. It tastes similar and is a terrific gluten-free option.
Instant Pot Cauliflower Fried Rice Variations
To make this cauliflower fried rice, you just need some basic ingredients. You can easily add some extra flavors. Try some of these options:
- Corn – I love adding in frozen corn to the fried rice. It adds a slight sweetness and some extra color.
- Edamame – Putting some edamame into the cauliflower fried rice is a wonderful way to add some folate, calcium, protein, and vitamin C to your diet.
- Mushrooms – Toss in ½ cup of fresh mushrooms into the rice before cooking it. It tastes fantastic!
- Sriracha – If you love some spice in your world, add a couple of drizzles of sriracha sauce to the fried rice.
- Red Pepper Flakes – Another great option for adding some heat to the fried rice. Just add a sprinkle or two, so it doesn’t become too hot.
- Meat – If you want to make it a full meal or add some extra protein, put in your favorite meat. Chicken, shrimp, or beef are great options and complement the flavors perfectly.
- Rice – Yes, I know it sounds crazy, but you can also use regular rice instead of cauliflower rice if you want. It goes perfectly with all the rest of the ingredients.
Looking for more easy Instant Pot recipes? Check these out:
Easy Instant Pot Spanish Rice – The flavor is incredible in this Spanish rice recipe. Plus, you can quickly make it in your pressure cooker. Try it; you won’t regret it!
Instant Pot Tomato Florentine Soup – This creamy tomato soup is beyond amazing and so easy to fall in love with. It has some outstanding homemade croutons with it too. Yum!
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup – If you’ve been craving soup, add this butternut squash to your list. It’s elegant and amazing for feeding a crowd.
Instant Pot Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Instant Pot
- 1 package frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans
- 1 egg
- green onions
- coarse ground garlic salt to taste
- coarse ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- Place the butter and olive oil in the Instant Pot and press the SAUTE button.
- When the butter melts, put the chopped onion and minced garlic in the Instant Pot and saute until golden brown.
- Turn off the SAUTE setting and add the riced cauliflower, cauliflower florets, frozen peas, frozen beans, sliced carrots and chicken broth.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Start with ½ tsp of each and add more as needed is what I chose.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and press the MANUAL setting to 4 minutes.
- When the IP is done cooking, it will beep and go to OFF. Make sure the pressure has been released by turning the pressure valve from SEALING to VENTING. Make sure the FLOAT VALVE is down and remove the lid from the IP.
- Stir the riced cauliflower and vegetables and turn the SAUTE setting on.
- Stir fry the cauliflower and vegetables until all the liquid is absorbed and is golden brown.
- Move the riced cauliflower and vegetables to the side of the IP and break an egg into the IP on the other side. Scramble the egg and cook until completely done, about 3-4 minutes.
- When the egg is done, stir the cauliflower, vegetables and egg together, until well blended. Turn off the SAUTE setting.
- Sprinkle with soy sauce and brown sugar and stir again to mix it all together.
- Serve with chopped green onions! Enjoy