This Instant Pot Cauliflower Fried rice is delicious, easy to make, and cooked in about 20 minutes. Serve this for dinner on busy nights or weekends when you want to stay in and eat a healthy meal. It is loaded with vegetables, and great for your kids! You’ll love this recipe.
Oh so heavenly! This recipe is going to rock your world and fill your stomach. It’s great for filling you up and also tastes good too.
Best of all, it takes just 20 minutes to make. This is a Weight Watchers friendly recipe that will satisfy your cravings.
🍽️ Why This Recipe Works
Healthy – Enjoy fried rice without a bunch of guilt because it’s actually good for you. It’s loaded with lots of yummy veggies.
Made in Less Than 20 Minutes – There isn’t much fuss involved with this quick dish. You can seriously throw it together in under 20 minutes.
Goes with everything – You can serve it with meats, as a side to any other meal, or when you have a craving for something healthy.
I love being able to make this recipe in my Instant Pot! It’s a time-saver, and clean up is easy too. Let’s talk about a few of the ingredients before you get started.
Cauliflower – I use a combination of frozen cauliflower rice and fresh cauliflower. It provides a fabulous texture. You can make your own rice by adding cauliflower pieces to a food processor and mixing it until the consistency resembles rice, but I like to save the time and just buy the pre-chopped version.
Chicken Broth – When you cook anything in the Instant Pot, you have to use some type of liquid. I used chicken broth because it adds some great flavor. Vegetable or beef broth work great too.
Vegetables – Traditional fried rice has carrots, green beans, and peas, so I wanted to replicate that. I typically use fresh carrots and frozen peas and green beans. It just gives the best flavor and texture.
This is a great alternative to regular fried rice. It has significantly fewer carbs and is cooked in just a few minutes.
Step One: Put the butter and olive oil in the Instant Pot and press the Sauté button. After the butter has melted, add the chopped onions and garlic and cook until fragrant and golden brown, stirring frequently.
Step Two: Turn off the Sauté function and add the riced cauliflower, cauliflower florets, peas, green beans, carrots, and chicken broth. Add some garlic salt and pepper to taste. Then, put the lid on the pressure cooker, making sure the vent is in the sealed position, and set to Manual for four minutes.
Step Three: After the Instant Pot has finished cooking, turn the valve to the venting position with a towel or wooden spoon. Once the pressure is released, remove the lid.
⚠️ Warning: Releasing the vent by hand may result in burns. Always use a towel or a spoon to keep your hands away from the hot steam.
Step Four: Give the cauliflower a stir, then turn the Instant Pot to Sauté. Continue stirring until the liquid has been absorbed, and the mixture turns golden brown.
Push the cauliflower rice off to one side and break an egg in the pressure cooker. Scramble it and continue cooking until it’s done.
Step Five: Mix the rice and egg together until combined. Turn off the pressure cooker and add the soy sauce and brown sugar. Give it another stir and serve with green onions.
🍲 Meal Prep
Meal prepping and planning saves you valuable time, and it’s helpful in saving money too. Take a look at these tips to get started for this recipe:
- Chop the onions, celery, carrots, and cauliflower florets and refrigerate them in an air tight container.
- Put the frozen green beans, riced cauliflower, and peas in a gallon-sized freezer bag. Put that back into the freezer until it’s ready to use.
- When you are ready to cook, follow the directions as instructed.
- Keep the cooked fried rice in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
📌 Expert Tips
- Buy pre-riced cauliflower or grate it yourself in a food processor.
- This dish tastes best when it’s served hot and fresh.
- Add in extra ingredients like mushrooms or other veggies that you enjoy. This is also a great recipe to use any leftover veggies from the week.
- Serve it with your favorite meats or keep it as a meatless meal. It’s so tasty!
To make this recipe, you just need a few basic ingredients. To add some extra flavors try some of these options:
- Corn – I love adding in frozen corn to the fried rice. It adds a slight sweetness and some extra color.
- Edamame – Put some shelled edamame into the dish. It’s a wonderful way to add some folate, calcium, protein, and vitamin C to your diet.
- Mushrooms – Toss in ½ cup of fresh mushrooms into the rice before cooking it. It tastes fantastic!
- Sriracha – If you love some spice in your world, add a couple of drizzles of sriracha sauce.
- Red Pepper Flakes – Another great option for adding some heat to the fried rice. Just add a sprinkle or two, so it doesn’t become too hot.
- Meat – Make it a full meal or add some extra protein by adding your favorite meat. Chicken, shrimp, or beef are great options and complement the flavors perfectly.
- Rice – Yes, I know it sounds crazy, but you can also use regular rice instead of cauliflower rice. It goes perfectly with all the rest of the ingredients.
This fried rice works wonderful for freezing. Just add the cooked meal to an airtight container with a tight-fitting lid or freezer bag after you let it cool.
Store it for up to four months. When you are ready to thaw, place it in the fridge to thaw overnight and heat it up in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil. Toss it until it’s hot all the way through.
If you have been terrified of using your Instant Pot because you aren’t sure how it works, don’t worry! It’s not that bad, and once you get the hang of it, you’ll be amazed at all the fantastic things you can make.
Desserts, side dishes, and main courses will leave lasting impressions on everyone who eats them. Try it, and you’ll see for yourself. The Instant Pot is such a helpful and creative kitchen gadget. You can make rice, sauté meats and veggies, make homemade yogurt, slow cook, and steam foods. The options are seriously endless.
You can even cook meat when it’s frozen if you cook it in a pressure cooker. Imagine all the time that you can save with this. Plus, if you don’t have time to plan ahead, you can quickly and effortlessly throw together dinner at the last minute.
You can easily substitute a few of the ingredients. Here are a few options:
Broth – If you don’t have chicken broth, use beef or vegetable.
Fresh Green Beans – If green beans are in season, swap frozen for fresh.
Coconut Aminos – If you are trying to eat gluten-free, trade the soy sauce for coconut aminos. It tastes similar and is a terrific gluten-free option.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Instant Pot Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Instant Pot
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 package Frozen Riced Cauliflower
- 1 cup Fresh Cauliflower Florets
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Carrots peeled and sliced
- ½ cup Peas frozen
- ½ cup Green Beans frozen
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Green Onions
- Coarse Ground Garlic Salt to taste
- Coarse Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Place the butter and olive oil in the Instant Pot and press the SAUTÉ button.
- When the butter melts, add the chopped onion and minced garlic and sauté until they are golden brown.
- Turn off the SAUTÉ setting and add the riced cauliflower, cauliflower florets, frozen peas, frozen beans, sliced carrots and chicken broth.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Start with ½ tsp of each and add more as needed.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and press the MANUAL setting to 4 minutes.
- When the IP is done cooking, it will beep and go to OFF. Make sure the pressure has been released by turning the pressure valve from SEALING to VENTING. After the pressure is released, remove the lid from the IP.
- Stir the riced cauliflower and vegetables and turn the SAUTÉ setting on.
- Stir fry the cauliflower and vegetables until all the liquid is absorbed and the mixture is golden brown.
- Move the riced cauliflower and vegetables to the side of the IP and break an egg into the IP on the other side. Scramble the egg and cook until it is completely done. This should take about 3-4 minutes.
- When the egg is done, stir the cauliflower, vegetables and egg together, until well blended. Turn off the SAUTÉ setting.
- Sprinkle with soy sauce and brown sugar and stir again to mix it all together.
- Serve with chopped green onions! Enjoy