Easy Keto Pizza Rolls is a recipe we know you’re going to instantly Bookmark – because this is one you’ll want to make again and again! Sometimes you want to be “good” and stick to your Keto plan, but you are also craving something a bit tempting. Well, these pizza rolls truly deliver fantastic flavors 🍕with every bite, without having sky high calories or dropping off your Keto diet. 🙁
This is “the” after school snack you’ll want to keep on hand, especially if you have growing and active teens. This is also a great one to teach your college aged kids to make, so they can enjoy it in the dorm kitchens. It beats buying high priced snacks all the time to share with friends.
We also predict this is going to be one of your Top Five Favorite Snack recipes. Don’t forget about it for sporting events like watching the Superbowl! While many of us create a generous array of treats to enjoy, everyone wants to keep it healthy. Now your family and friends can stick to Keto – while still snacking on these irresistible pizza rolls!
This is simple to make. If your teens are new to cooking, this is a great one to get them started. It is so rewarding to make something that you really want to bite into when it’s done!
How to Make Keto Pizza Rolls
Step one: Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. Then, line a cookie sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
Note: Find pre cut parchment paper that fits the sheet pan. This has been the biggest timesaver for me. It only costs a few cents, but makes cleanup a snap! 😍
Step two: Lay the sliced cheese on the sheet pan liner, and pop it in the oven for six minutes. No, these don’t take a lot of time – so be sure to watch your kitchen timer! See if the cheese has turned brown around the edges and remove them from the oven.
Step three: While your Pizza Rolls are cooling, sprinkle Italian seasoning and add pepperoni to the cheese slices. Roll them up and
Step four: Let them cool to a comfortable temperature to eat, and then serve with your favorite keto-friendly dipping sauce.
Tips and Tricks
Always add a liner to your cookie sheet. Whether you use a baking mat or parchment paper, this will keep your Keto rolls and makes cleanup a breeze!
Trust your oven when it comes to perfect cooking. Some home cooks know their ovens cook a little faster or a little slower. What you really want to look for is the cheese melting and then starting to turn a little brown, this is your sign that they are ready to come out of the oven.
Making these for a party or friends coming over? Keep in mind that most will eat between two to four pizza rolls. Count the number of people who are coming and then make as many batches that you need for the amount of people you are expecting.
Additions and Substitutions
- The first thing I would want to do on this recipe to change it up a bit is to drizzle the olive oil/herb spread that is used in the Portobello Mushroom Pizza recipe. That is really going to jazz up the flavor quite a bit for minimal effort.
- Another idea is to put ham on top of it instead of pepperoni.
- Try adding a few leaves of spinach instead of the meat all together. This is a great way to make this vegetarian.
- Grab a jar of Keto friendly sauce and spread a ½ tsp sauce on the cheese slice.
Meal Prep Tips
We believe that there are always ways to meal prep. Even saving just a few minutes will add up! For this recipe, it is all about the preparation. Lay out the cheese in a baggie in the fridge the night before and lay out the other ingredients.
Line a cookie sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
When you are ready to cook, just grab everything that is already staged, pop it in the oven and eat!
Add These Favorite SavorAndSavvy Recipes When Serving Pizza Rolls:
Homemade Blender Guacamole – A quick guacamole recipe to make. erve this with classic tortilla chips, or even with veggies for a super healthy snack!
Black Bean and Corn Salad – Perfect for cold weather months. This is a hearty salsa and simple to make too, with lots of eye-appeal!
Baked Mozzarella Sticks – Here’s a healthier version of the classic favorite mozzarella sticks!
Keto Pizza Rolls – Baked Mozzarella
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 12 slices mozzarella
- 12 pepporoni slices
- italian seasoning
- Keto Marinara Sauce optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- Lay sliced cheese on baking mat and place in the oven for 6 minutes or until cheese slices start to slightly brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven.
- While the slices are cooling sprinkle Italian seasoning and add pepperoni if you would like. These can be eaten flat or rolled up in a tube and ready to dip in sauce.
- Serve with Keto Marinara Sauce