Overnight Triple Berry French Toast Bake is a perfect make-ahead dish to pop in the oven on lazy weekends or special holidays. This “not too sweet” breakfast can’t be beat when you want something special. You’ll be coming back for seconds.
We made this breakfast as a “no added sugar” version as at some point during the holidays, no matter how well you plan out your meals and treats, we all are on sugar overload. As a stand-alone overnight baked breakfast, this one just isn’t overly sweet and heavy. Serve this up with a big mug of hands-off Crockpot Christmas Coffee and your holiday morning is just about perfect.
That isn’t to say that you can’t add sugar or whipped cream to yours. We just chose not to for this version. A dash of maple syrup is delish with it, but it’s all up to you!
This breakfast couldn’t be any easier! The ingredients give you an excellent flavor combination that’s perfect to start any day. Let’s take a look at the main ingredients:
Bread: We use bread that is a day old because it gives you the best bang for your buck. When you use bread that is a bit stale, it will actually absorb the egg mixture more easily.
Blueberries: Add fresh blueberries because they taste so wonderful. You can swap them for any of your other favorite berries, depending on your preference.
Eggs: You’ll need to beat the eggs before adding them to the bake. They will give you some protein and taste great with the other ingredients.
This comes together so quickly, you are going to love making it!
Step One: Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, egg, and lemon juice into a bowl and set aside.
Step Two: Cut the bread into bite-sized pieces. Spray the 9×13 pan and put ½ of the bread cubes in the bottom of the pan. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the bread cubes.
Step Three: Sprinkle ½ of the blueberries on top of that.
Step Four: Whisk the eggs and pour ½ of the eggs over the top. Layer the remaining bread cubes. Pour over the remaining eggs and sprinkle with the remaining blueberries.
Step Five: Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
Step Six: In the morning, heat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes, covered. Remove cover and cook an additional 30 minutes.
Serve alone for a no-added-sugar breakfast. Other options include adding butter, add whipped cream, sprinkle with powdered sugar, pour over maple syrup or blueberry jam.
‼️ Meal Prepping Tips
Although this is completely meal prepped as it is, you can always do a bit more by doing the following:
- Cut the bread into cubes and place in an airtight bag for later in the day to use.
- Measure out the blueberries.
- Combine the sour cream, cream cheese, and lemon juice and premix it. You will have to allow it to soften before layering on the bread.
Make this ahead of time and wrap it 2-3 times in Press n Seal or foil. You want a solid airtight coverage so I would stay away from Saran wrap for the freezer.
Try strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries. All of them alone will produce the same mild sweetness. Just know that it is the berries that provide most of the sweetness in this recipe.
Start by adding a ½ cup of sugar to the cream cheese mixture. Top it with maple syrup, strawberry syrup or blueberry syrup. That will give you a sugar boost that you want.
Yes, it is. Because you put foil on top for the first half and then took it off, it helps create that crispiness on top of the bread. Also, this recipe is NOT saturated in an egg mixture so it’s not goopy and super wet.
🥞 Related Recipes Breakfasts
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Overnight Blueberry French Toast Bake
- 9×13 Inch pan
- 12 slices Day Old Bread we used a baguette
- 12 Eggs beaten
- 2 cups Blueberries
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 16 oz Cream Cheese softened
- ¾ cup Sour Cream
- 1 Egg whisked
Cream Cheese Mixture
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, egg, vanilla and lemon juice into a bowl and mix well.
- Cut bread into bite sized pieces.
- Spray non stick spray into a 9×13 pan.
- Spread ½ of the cubed bread pieces on the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the cream cheese mixure over the top of the bread cubes.
- Whisk the eggs and spread half of the eggs on top of the bread cubes.
- Sprinkle ½ of the blueberries over the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ bread cubes on top.
- Pour the remaining eggs on top of the bread.
- Sprinkle the remaining blueberries.
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, heat oven to 350 degrees. Place french toast bake in oven for 30 minutes, covered. Remove cover and cook and additional 30 minutes.