This tomato cucumber and onion salad recipe is the perfect summer salad to bring to a BBQ that you can make in under 10 minutes.
I’m sharing SPLENDA® Sweetener Products in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™ #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps
This tomato cucumber and onion salad recipe features fresh, crisp veggies with a slightly tart dressing to bring out their flavors. This is the perfect party food and goes well with anything that comes off of a grill… it’s basically summer in a bowl.
Our summers are built on simple meals like this that are quick, fresh, flavorful and that are no-cook, so there’s no need to heat up the house when it’s already hot out! We recently had these with tomato mayo sandwiches (a summer staple that I’ll be talking about soon!) and it was such a great no-cook meal!
This tomato cucumber and onion salad recipe is sweetened with SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend, which lets us balance out the tartness of the dressing with less added sugar.
I chose to use mozzarella cheese, but feta would also work as well – it would give it a more Mediterranean edge. And of course, if you want to make the recipe fully plant based, you can just omit the cheese altogether.
You can officially say goodbye to boring salads once you taste this incredible tomato, cucumber, and onion salad. Let’s discuss the ingredients really quick.
Veggies: You can’t have a salad without having some kind of vegetables… right? cucumbers, red onions, and tomatoes go together amazingly.
Mozzarella: For best results, always use fresh mozzarella. It goes much better in this salad when you use fresh vs. an overly processed version.
Lemon Juice: The lemon juice gives you just enough tang to make this salad extra special. When you combine it with the apple cider vinegar, sweetener, and seasonings you just can’t go wrong.
Tomato Cucumber and Onion Salad Recipe
We love having this tomato cucumber and onion salad with veggie sandwiches or just typical party food like burgers or hot dogs. And the best part is that this salad tastes better the longer it sits, so hello leftovers!
I hope you guys enjoy this tomato cucumber and onion salad recipe – I’d love to hear what you serve it with! For more summer recipes ideas, check out some recipes I recently posted below!
More Summer Recipe Ideas
- 2 Pints Grape Tomatoes
- 3 Cucumbers
- 1 Red Onion
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice about 1 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp. SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 2 tbsp Fresh Dill or to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Slice grape tomatoes in half and place in a large bowl. Chop red onion and mozzarella and add to bowl.
- Peel cucumber. Slice in half lengthwise, use a spoon to scrape out the seeds, discard seeds. Slice in half lengthwise again, then chop cucumber into small pieces. Add to bowl.
- Chop dill, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, SPLENDA, garlic powder, onion powder and fresh dill. Whisk until emulsified. Adjust to taste with salt and pepper, and additional dill if desired.
- Stir dressing into the salad and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least three hours.