This Crockpot Irish Coffee is going to knock your socks 🧦off! It is so quick to make and DELICIOUS to drink. Have no fear, there will be no leftovers here!
This is a fabulous drink to make for a cookie exchange or evening event at your home where you need a hot drink to add to the menu that will really WOW your guests. The coffee is made in the crockpot and the Bailey’s is added at the end of the recipe. Your guests will love a bit of a jazzed up coffee!
We used to drink a dark black coffee with a small pour of Bailey’s when we lived in Cleveland on those super cold winter nights. It got us through many winters there. Don’t laugh! You do what you need to do to keep warm!
We decided to bump it up a notch this year and put this classic irish coffee recipe in the slow cooker. After the creation of the Christmas Crockpot Coffee (if you haven’t tried that one, run right now and try it. DELISH!) and Crockpot Caramel Latte, we were looking for more options to create fun drinks in the slow cooker.
You’ll be ready to relax when you are sipping the night away with one of these incredible Irish Coffee drinks. I can’t think of anything that is more delicious! Here are the main ingredients to get your started:
Coffee: Naturally, using coffee is the ultimate important ingredient. There is a lot of variety with the coffee, though. You can go for decaf, something flavored, or traditional breakfast blend. I could go on and on with all the options. Just brew it so it’s very strong and you will be good.
Bailey’s Irish Cream: To take this coffee drink to the next level adding some Bailey’s Irish Cream is the way to go. It’s pure heaven!
Whipped Cream: You can’t have a hot coffee drink without topping it with some whipped cream and cocoa. I can’t wait for you to taste this insanely good drink.
This is silly easy and I can’t wait for you to try it. Side note: this would be awesome on Christmas morning or Christmas Eve. It gives you the warm and toasty feeling all over.
Step one: Combine the coffee, heavy cream and a little bit of cocoa into a slow cooker and stir.
Step two: Put the lid on and cook on low for 2-3 hours. I do like to pop in and give it a stir now and again but you don’t have to.
Step three: Pour the coffee into a cup and add 1-2 tablespoons of Bailey’s Irish Cream. Top with whipped topping.
Step four: This is a bonus! Grate a little bit of Andes Mints on top of the whipped cream to add a little bit of minty goodness to it. It doesn’t take much to give it the minty flavor and that tastes so perfect with the hint of chocolate.
☘️ What makes it Irish?
Well, the Bailey’s, of course! Without the Bailey’s Irish Cream, it would simply be jazzed up coffee in the crockpot! Still delicious but not Irish at all.
🍴What Additions Can I Make
You can mix this up a bit and here are my suggestions:
- Add Kaluha to the Bailey’s in one cup. Trust me on this one, it is INCREDIBLE! If I steer you wrong here, I apologize but I swear by this one.
- Use chocolate shavings instead of Andes Mints
- If you don’t have cocoa powder, feel free to leave it out.
- Add cinnamon to the recipe.
- Add vanilla beans to the recipe.
Now, I wouldn’t suggest you do ALL the suggestions at once but it gives you an idea of how to make this your own using the base recipe!
🍽️ How to Make in the Instant Pot Using Slow Cooker Option
You can use your Instant Pot for this as well with a couple of things to be aware of.
- The biggest concern with using the Instant Pot with this recipe is that the Instant Pot heats from the bottom up and doesn’t heat all the way around like a slow cooker does. No big deal though! Just open it up every 20 minutes or so and give it a good stir and make sure it is getting warm all the way around.
- You will not want this to burn so you will
- 1. Press SLOW COOKER button on the Instant Pot, then
- 2. Press Normal on the settings. If you did LESS, this will keep it warm but not heat it up like you want it to.
🥄 Meal Prep Options
You know there are meal prep options here!
- Make the coffee ahead of time and put in the refrigerator so it can be a dump and go recipe.
- Measure out the other ingredients and cover.
- Combine ALL of the ingredients together and put in a container in the refrigerator. Simply dump in the slow cooker, turn to low and you are off!
This gives you so much opportunities for hosting brunches, cookie exchanges or a cold evening in with friends that still allows you to not “be in the kitchen” the whole time!
☕ Related Recipes
Christmas Crockpot Coffee – This is a seriously delicious coffee that should be made for special occasions! It is a bit too caloric for drinking on a routine basis but for holidays, it is a must!
Crockpot Caramel Latte – If you are craving your special Starbucks drink but don’t want to spend the money, here you go. It’s all done at home and a lot cheaper to boot!
Instant Pot Eggnog-This is a delicious spin on a classic for you using the latest gadgets out there! Do rich and delish, you will need to limit yourself on how much you can drink on this one.
Classic Crock Pot Irish Coffee
- 3 cups coffee strong, black
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 oz Bailey's Irish Cream
- fresh whipped cream
- Gather all of your ingredients.
- Pour the coffee, heavy cream, cocoa powder (optional) into the slow cooker and give it a good stir. Set to low for 2-3 hours.
- After 2-3 hours, scoop out a cup, add 1 -2 tablespoons of Bailey's. Top with whipped cream. Shave Andes mints on top and serve! Enjoy!