This oven baked eggs recipe is an easy fix for rushed morning breakfasts! These eggs are baked in muffin pans and are ready in just 15 minutes.Oven Baked Eggs Recipe
I’ve been making these oven baked eggs for the last few weeks. I bake them in muffin tins as soon as I come home from the grocery store.
It’s now become part of our current weekly routine and it’s likely to stay that way for a while, since my husband and I look forward to our homemade egg “mcmuffins” on the daily.
Oven Baked Eggs Recipe – What You’ll Need:
You don’t need much at all to make these eggs and I bet you have everything you need in your kitchen right now.
- One Dozen Eggs
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
How to Make Oven Baked Eggs in Muffin Tins
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Crack eggs into a lightly greased muffin tin. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper onto the eggs.
- Bake at 350F for fifteen minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool. Use a spoon to scoop out each egg and transfer them into a food storage container.
- You can store them in the fridge for up to four days in an airtight container.
How to Serve Baked Eggs
We typically serve them egg mcmuffin style. We’ve tried placing the baked eggs on bagels, english muffins and regular bread slices and found that it’s the perfect fit for an english muffin, since you’re able to get egg in every bite.
To make our breakfast sandwiches, we cut a toasted english muffin in half and place an egg and a slice of cheese on top. Then we close the sandwich and microwave for about 45 seconds. Perfectly warm and gooey every time. And best of all, breakfast is served hot and ready in the time it takes me to pour a cup of coffee.
Here are a couple of other different ways I like to serve them…
- Diced with pre-made rice and salsa. It’s like a little breakfast burrito bowl that comes together in about a minute!
- Alone – no fuss. Even though they’re only seasoned with salt and pepper, the baked eggs are pretty tasty on their own and sometimes we just like to eat one or two individually for breakfast.
This is a huge time and money saver – one minute of work (cracking the eggs into the muffin tins & adding salt & pepper) saves us the temptation of going to the drive-thru for breakfast (not that it’s a regular thing around here – but we’re easily tempted on busy mornings) and we save a nice chunk of change in the process.
Oven Baked Eggs Recipe
This oven baked eggs recipe is an easy fix for rushed morning breakfasts! These eggs are baked in muffin pans and are ready in just 15 minutes.
- 1 Dozen Eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
Preheat oven to 350F.
Crack eggs into a lightly greased muffin tin. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper onto the eggs.
Bake at 350 for fifteen minutes.
Remove from oven, let cool. Use a spoon to scoop out each egg and transfer them into a food storage container. Store in fridge for up to four days.
Need more make ahead meal ideas? Once a Month Meals has lots of ready-to-go freezer menu plans (Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Paleo, Instant Pot and more) and lets you customize your own menu plan.