Mornings tend to be the most stressful part of the day. Take one task off of your plate and free up precious time in the mornings by always having your freezer stocked with some family friendly breakfast freezer meals ready to go!
💡 Tips to Getting Started with Breakfast Freezer Meals
It doesn’t matter if you are a seasoned meal prepper or just starting out, breakfast is the one meal that makes the biggest difference for making ahead! If you’re anything like me, you’re going to need some help to go from scrambling to crank out three meals a day to meal prepping 14-21 meals at a time. It’s not only possible, but with a bit of coaching, it will become EASY! Let’s start off with prepping for easy breakfasts.
📝 Step-By-Step Prep for Easy Breakfast Meals
Let’s start by setting you up for success. There are a few steps we need to take to plan for the breakfast freezer meals prep session.
- On Sunday, decide what you are going to make for your breakfasts for the upcoming week. Let’s just plan for Monday-Friday. That’s it. The nice thing with breakfast is that so many of the common meals are meal-prep friendly. I’ll give you a bunch of ideas below to get you started. I like to choose two or three breakfast ideas to prep so I am not eating the same thing day after day.
- Decide what is going to work for you and make a list of ingredients you need to shop for. Grab a copy of the shopping list here and don’t forget to check your pantry to see if you have items before you spend any money.
- It’s time to prepare the breakfasts. Print out the instructions below and make the meals assembly line style. All of these are freezer friendly, so it’s easy to wrap them and store.
- Each breakfast below should yield enough for at least five days. That is perfect to grab one and head off to work without stopping by an overpriced coffee shop for a snack to tide you over until lunch.
⏱️ Freezer Storage Times
Print out a copy of the free Two Page Freezer Storage Times that is loaded with additional freezer meal prep tips and tricks. It will walk you through how long different foods last in the freezer. Spoiler Alert: If you just make enough for one to two weeks, you’ll be well within the range of keeping the food fresh.
That is it! It is really three simple steps! Decide, shop and prep. Once you get going, you’ll find that it takes less and less time each week because you no longer need to think and research so much! I promise, it gets a lot easier the more you do it.
Benefits of Breakfast Freezer Meals
- Saves time. Prepping your breakfasts frees up so much time during the week.
- Saves money. Planning ahead allows you to go into the grocery store knowing exactly what you need – and it eliminates “gathering”.
- Saves stress. Mornings are hard enough as it is. If you have kids, you have to worry about getting them out the door too. Breakfast usually falls by the way if it isn’t ready to go already. Just think about how nice it is to grab a ready-made meal without having to spend a lot of time.
- Saves calories. Because you have prepped everything, you can plan for healthier meals instead of grabbing whatever you see at the cafeteria at work (yuk!) or at a drive-thru (double yuk!) on your way to work. Think of the pounds you can drop by just being a prepper!
🧊 Freezer Storage
The most common storage containers are:
- A simple saran wrap or press-n-seal. Great for breakfast burritos! Just sayin’!
- Freezer Jars. These are mason or ball jars that are rated for the freezer. You’ll know they are freezer friendly if they have a small snowflake on the glass. You can also get plastic freezer jars made by Ball. Both options are great for smoothies or yogurt-based breakfast. Frozen yogurt anyone?
- Ziploc freezer bags come in a variety of sizes and are some of the best ones to use. Press out as much air as possible before adding to the freezer to keep the food fresh longer.
- Freezer Friendly Storage Containers. Make sure to use the correct containers for the job. You don’t want any accidents! Make-ahead breakfasts often need microwaved, so keep that in mind.
Note: If you make up a double batch of a different breakfast freezer meal for the freezer each weekend you will have a variety to choose from in no time. If you think you will keep the food in the freezer longer than a week, double wrap them before they go in the bag. We use Press n Seal but use what you have to wrap up that breakfast sandwich and then put it in the bag. This also makes it a snap to grab one and go.
Breakfast Freezer Meals Recipes
I’ve put together a few lists with over twenty easy breakfast meal ideas to help you stock your freezer. Once you find favorites, start a Recipe Binder with all your pages printed out to keep your prepping easier. It will go faster when you know what your family likes and will eat each week. The lists are easy to use, just click each one to open it and check it out.
I hope you were able to find some new make ahead breakfast freezer meals that you haven’t tried before!
If you found this list of breakfast freezer meals helpful, please share it with your friends on Facebook or pin to your recipe board on Pinterest!