Have you ever wanted hot breakfast on a weekday, but didn’t have the time to heat up the stove and cook? Microwave Scrambled Eggs are the answer. These are cooked in under two minutes and the best part is they are perfect for breakfast meal prep.
Variety is the key to staying on track with eating healthy! Mix in different meats or vegetables for a week of Microwave Scrambled Eggs, a week of Baked Oatmeal Cups, a week of Eggs in the Muffin Tin followed up by Overnight Oats. For a full month, you will have eaten something different each week, didn’t get bored and was able to stay on track!
🍽️ Why This Recipe Works
- Protein-Packed: This recipe provides you with lots of protein from the eggs, sausage, and cheese.
- Easy to Customize: Add in veggies, seasonings, or fresh herbs to change the flavors.
- Very Easy To Make: With just two minutes and six ingredients, you can’t find a much easier breakfast.
Enjoy a hot and easy breakfast once you learn how to make these scrambled eggs. They are ideal for those rough mornings when you have no time to cook. Here are the top ingredients:
Eggs: Of course, eggs are vital in this recipe. They are the star of the show and are a protein-packed breakfast ingredient you can’t go without. Plus, they will keep you satisfied!
Turkey Sausage: You’ll need to pre-cook the sausage before you begin, but they are an excellent addition. They will keep you full and also enhance the way it tastes too.
Seasonings: You just need a little bit of garlic and onion powder to up the flavor! You can always add a little more or less, depending on your preference.
This is so easy that you may not make them on the stove again! We have included several extra photos this time because we really want you to see the fluffiness of the eggs! I wish we would have used this technique when making the Breakfast Burritos. It would have been faster and easier. As an added benefit, you won’t have any browning that you sometimes get by cooking them on the stove.
Step One: Gather the ingredients in a bowl and whisk it well. Don’t skip the onion powder! You will be surprised how much flavor is added.
Step Two: Pour the mixture into mason jars and place in the refrigerator. When you are ready to cook, take out the jars, remove the lid and pop in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then decrease the time increments to 15 seconds.
They cook up fast and can quickly expand, leaving a mess in the microwave if you are careful.
📌 Expert Tips
- Don’t over cook the eggs. The jar will remain hot and once you stir them up they finish cooking nicely. Eat them right out of the jar (we did and loved it!) or serve it on a plate with fresh fruit.
- Use a coffee mug if you don’t have a mason jar. They just won’t be as portable or as easy to prep unless you pre-portion them out in little containers in the refrigerator and then pour into a mug to microwave! This would work great if you wanted to eat this once you arrived at work.
👩🍳 Recipe FAQs
Don’t be afraid to use other ingredients! We tried them with just ham and cheese as well as a veggie-packed version! Both turned out great and added a lot of flavor! If you are going to use meat, I suggest using only fully cooked meat. If needed, spend a few minutes to make sure it is cooked before adding it to the egg mixture.
Absolutely! It is just like anything else that you choose to microwave. Be careful when grabbing the jar, though. It can get very hot!
Only keep them for a maximum of four days. The eggs have been exposed and to maintain freshness, it is best to stay at four days and under.
Yes, just make sure you are cooking in a big enough container. Cook in 20-30 second increments as it will cook fast and remember the glass containers are hot and help to keep the eggs cooking.
You will see the eggs jiggle a bit but you should not see any running of the eggs after you stir. So when you pull the eggs out of the microwave, test it by gently stirring it with a fork and making sure nothing runs.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
How to Microwave Scrambled Eggs and Sausage
- 8 Eggs
- ⅓ cup Milk
- 4 links Turkey Sausage pre-cooked
- ⅛ tsp Garlic Powder
- ⅛ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk.
- Divide the egg mixture into four mason jars or mugs and microwave on high for up to 2 minutes each. Start with 30 seconds and stir. Continue to do small increments until eggs are done. Don't overcook. The jar will heat up and keep the eggs cooking long after you remove from the microwave. You may not need the full two minutes.
Ginny Collins is a passionate foodie and recipe creator of Savor and Savvy and Kitchenlaughter. Indoors she focuses on easy, quick recipes for busy families and kitchen basics. Outdoors, she focuses on backyard grilling and smoking to bring family and friends together. She is a lifelong learner who is always taking cooking classes on her travels overseas and stateside. Her work has been featured on MSN, Parade, Fox News, Yahoo, Cosmopolitan, Elle, and many local news outlets. She lives in Florida where you will find her outside on the water in her kayak, riding her bike on trails, and planning her next overseas adventure.