My recipe for Coconut Flour Peanut Butter Cookies is going to become your new favorite gluten free treat. Loaded with peanut butter, it is easy to fit into many dietary restriction plans. This is going to be a family-favorite.
Coconut Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
There is just something comforting about biting into a soft and chewy peanut butter cookie with that light sprinkle of sugar on top. It reminds me of after school treats, baking with grandma, and the holidays all in one.
If you are in need of a gluten-free option for cookies, make sure to check out this recipe. Using coconut flour as a substitute for regular flour turns this into a perfect recipe to share with anyone.
Are these Keto Peanut Butter Cookies?
No, this recipe is not naturally keto-friendly. It can, however, easily be adjusted.
To make these peanut butter cookies a keto-friendly recipe, make sure you are using a natural sugar-free peanut butter. Look for ones that have no added sugars. You will also need to switch the sugar out for something like Swerve or a Monk fruit sweetener to stay keto-friendly.
Is This Recipe Paleo Friendly?
This is not a paleo-friendly recipe. As true paleo does not allow for legumes, and peanuts are legumes, it would not be considered a paleo recipe. In addition to the peanut butter, sugar is not a paleo ingredient and would make this recipe as is, not paleo friendly.
I haven’t tried coconut or cashew cream as a substitute for the heavy cream, but give it a shot and let me know how it worked in the comments below.
If you truly wanted to make this into a paleo recipe, you could substitute a different nut butter that is paleo compliant and use a product like Swerve or a Monk Fruit to sweeten the cookies.
Can I Add Chocolate Chips to These Coconut Flour Cookies?
Of course, you can add chocolate chips if you enjoy them! Make sure they fit into the rest of your dietary needs. Use sugar-free chips if needing to stay keto, along with the sugar-substitute. You may also want to check for gluten-free verification on chocolate chips as some companies process in plants that are not certified gluten-free.
- Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- Heavy Cream
- Coconut Flour
How to Make Coconut Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
Next, use a mixer to combine the peanut butter, eggs, and sugar together. Mix in the vanilla and heavy cream, then blend until smooth.
In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut flour and baking soda. Pour this into the mixing bowl with the wet ingredients to mix until combined. Don’t forget to scrape down sides of bowl as needed so all ingredients are incorporated.
Once the dough is ready, drop by spoonfuls onto the baking sheet. Press flat with a fork. Cook as directed, and once out of the oven, quickly dip them into additional sugar and allow to finish cooling on a wire rack.
Meal Prep Tips
Always, always, always look out for ways to make life easier by meal prepping as much as you can. This recipe lends itself to meal prep in a couple of ways.
- My first choice is to always make the cookies into balls and freeze them on a sheet pan for 6-12 hours. Remove the pan from the freezer and place all of the cookie dough balls into a gallon sized freezer safe Ziploc bag. Always make sure it is freezer safe or the dough will get freezer burn!
- My second choice would be to place all of the ingredients in little containers already measured out and ready to do a quick “dump and go” type of cookie. Going this route saves you about 10 minutes of finding ingredients and measuring it all out.
If you are looking for other coconut flour recipes, make sure to check out:
Amazing Avocado Brownies – these rich and dreamy brownies are the perfect chocolatey snack to take when you need to impress. Since they are gluten free, no matter where you take them, your guests will be able to enjoy a sweet treat.
Coconut Flour Oatmeal Cookies – these are so delicious and have so many add in options that you can make it different every time. The best part is they are gluten free and nobody will know but you!
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies made with Coconut Flour
- Sheet Pan
- Parchment Paper
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp sugar for dipping
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, combine the peanut butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla and heavy cream, and blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, add the Coconut flour and baking soda, and mix well.
- Add the flour to the mixing bowl, and blend until mixed.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and blend again until smooth and creamy.
- Line a cookie sheet with Parchment paper and drop the cookies by the Tablespoonful onto the parchment paper.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven at 350 degrees for 12 – 15 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges, and on top.
- Place about 1/2 a cup of sugar in a shallow dish to dip cookies.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, and immediately dip them in sugar, and place on a wire rack to cool completely.