This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is not only delicious but it’s gluten-free and freezer friendly! Instant Pot cooking is an obsession with our family right now and if I can make it a freezer meal, all the better!
Instant Pot soups are so popular because in a fraction of the time, you get a slow simmered flavor soup. Skip having to cook all day long, and dive in spoon first to a homemade soup.
Feel free to adjust the recipe to fit your preference. Whether you swap out the noodles, add more vegetables, etc.
🐔 Why This Works
- 25 minute cook time
- Versatile in ingredients
- Great way to use up leftover chicken
- Swap the noodles out to varieties you prefer
- Full of vegetables for a nutritious dinner
- Great to serve a crowd
This hearty soup will keep you full and satisfied. It’s great on those cold days when you want to warm up to a hot bowl. Take a look at a few of the main ingredients you need.
Brown Rice Spaghetti – If you eat gluten-free, you will appreciate being able to enjoy traditional chicken noodle soup with gluten-free noodles.
The flavor and texture are similar to what you grew up eating, and it tastes great too.
Veggies – We use a combination of carrots, celery, and onions for the vegetables in this soup. They are super flavorful and are so comforting.
Add in other vegetables that you have on hand, but these are our favorites.
Chicken – Use any grilled chicken that you have. We like rotisserie chicken and grilled boneless skinless breasts.
Either way, using pre-cooked chicken saves you time and energy, and you will have dinner on the table faster.
This chicken noodle soup is bursting with flavor and so easy to make. Once you have the vegetables prepped and chicken cooked, you can whip this up in under 20 minutes.
Step One: Cook the chicken in the oven, sauté them in a pan on the stove, or even using the sauté feature on the Instant Pot. I used leftovers from my Air Fryer Rotisserie.
Step Two: Cut them in cubes to make the process quicker.
Step Three: While the chicken is cooking, prep the vegetables, measure out the spices and broth.
Step Four: Once the chicken is finished, add to the Instant Pot along with the vegetables, spices and broth. Stir and cook on manual for seven minutes.
Step Five: Perform a quick release and stir. Add the noodles, reseal the lid and cook on manual for four more minutes.
Step Six: Do a quick release again and stir. If it seems a bit thick, add a bit of water to thin. Serve and enjoy!
If you don’t know how to use your Instant Pot-check out the Instant Pot Manual page here to verify anything that may be slightly different on your model!
🍴How to Freeze
This is a great soup to make, freeze and reheat later. Simply make the soup WITHOUT the noodles and freeze in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag.
Defrost overnight and then make the noodles according to the instructions and add to the soup. Heat it up and serve.
If you freeze the noodles, they turn to mush when you go to reheat. Blech!
What is a Freezer Meal? A Freezer Meal is a meal prep technique where you put all of the ingredients in a freezer bag in order to cook them later. For those busy nights, it is great to pull out a bag of frozen ingredients and cook it per the instructions. This technique saves you substantial preparation time and keeps you and your family eating healthy.
🥣 How to Make this into a Freezer Meal
This is a fantastic recipe to prepare ahead of time, put in a freezer safe bag and mark with our Freezer Labels and instructions.
Precook the chicken and place it in a freezer bag.
Peel and slice the carrots, wash and slice the celery, cut the onions and put all of the vegetables in the bag with the chicken. Add the seasonings and mix well.
Seal the bag, label it, and freeze.
Optional: You can add broth to the freezer bag at this point as well, but I usually don’t. I have had those bags leak before they are fully frozen and then I am left with a mess to clean up. It is easy enough to add the broth later.
💻 Snag the Freezer Labels
I attached a pdf with the ingredients and instructions filled out already for you to turn this into a freezer meal. The pdf is editable if you want to change it before you print.
I left the date blank, so go ahead and fill that out, print on Avery Label #22827. These are water-resistant and will hold up better in the freezer.
Grab the pre-filled out freezer labels. <<<Here>>>
If you want the blank, editable freezer labels, fill in your information I will email it to you! Easy Peasy!
This is a great recipe to meal prep. It can turn into a quick dump and go option, which is my personal favorite!
Do these couple of things and you can pop this into the Instant Pot in just a few minutes on a busy weeknight.
- Precook the chicken
- Peel and slice the carrots
- Wash and slice the celery
- Chop the onions
🧅 Expert Tips
- Cook and dice the chicken or use leftover chicken.
- Make sure that the valve on the Instant Pot is set to sealing when you cook the soup.
- If you own a larger pressure cooker, you can double the recipe, just make sure it does not go over the max fill line on the pot or the pressure cooker will not come to pressure.
- Swap out the pasta noodles for another type you have on hand. Just reach for medium dried noodles.
- Swap the chicken with leftover turkey from a holiday feast. This is a great way to use the leftovers.
🥄 Recipe FAQs
You will find adding vegetables and fresh herbs to your chicken soup will add a lot of flavor. Add in a splash or two of hot sauce to bring some heat.
Chicken noodle soup is loaded with vitamins, antioxidants and nutrients in every bite. Up the health benefits by using bone broth in place of a classic broth.
Quick release of the Instant Pot is when you take a spoon and push the valve on top to release the built up steam. You need to be careful that the steam does not burn you. Once it has released all the pressure, the lid will twist and come off. It’s a great security measure in that the lid won’t turn if the pressure is too high.
🥕 Related Recipes
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Gluten Free Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot
- 2 cups Chicken cooked, cubed
- 4 large Carrots peeled and sliced
- 5 Celery Sticks washed and sliced
- 1 large Sweet Onion diced
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Coarse Ground Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 6 oz Brown Rice Spaghetti gluten free
- Gather all your ingredients.
- Chop the prepared chicken into cubes and add it to the Instant Pot. Peel the carrots, and slice them into ⅛ inch pieces and place in the Instant Pot. Wash and slice the celery, and chop the onion, and add both to the Instant Pot.
- Add the chicken broth and water. Add the garlic salt, seasoned salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn until it beeps and locks. Make sure the PRESSURE VALVE is set to 'SEALING', and press the MANUAL button. Set the time to seven minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, it will beep and turn to OFF. When it goes to OFF, do a quick release by turning the PRESSURE VALVE from sealing to VENTING. Make sure you use a pot holder to turn the valve. When all the pressure has been released, the float valve will drop down. Remove the lid and stir the soup.
- Break up the Brown Rice Spaghetti into small pieces, and add it to the Instant Pot. Place the lid back on, turn the pressure valve to the SEALING position, and press the MANUAL button. Set the time to four minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is finished cooking, beeps and goes to OFF, turn the pressure valve to VENTING, and quick release the pressure. Let the soup sit for five minutes, then remove the lid to the Instant Pot, and stir the soup.
- If the soup is a little thick, add a bit of water. Dish the soup into bowls, and serve with your favorite crackers or chips. Enjoy!