This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is not only delicious but it’s gluten free and freezer friendly! Instant Pot cooking is so addicting with our family right now and if I can pop in a way to make it a freezer meal, I am all about that! I’m right there with you juggling dinner time options without having to hit a drive thru. This yummy soup solves a weeknight’s problem and is whipped up in a jiffy using the extra pointers shown below.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
This chicken noodle soup is bursting with flavor and so easy to make. Once you have the vegetables prepped and chicken cooked, you can whip this up in under 20 minutes.
Cook the chicken in the oven, saute them in a pan on the stove, or even using the saute feature on the Instant Pot. Cut them in cubes to make the process quicker.
While the chicken is cooking, prep the vegetables, measure out the spices and broth.
Once the chicken is finished, add to the Instant Pot along with the vegetables, spices and broth. Stir and cook on manual for seven minutes.
Perform a quick release and stir. Add the noodles and reseal the lid and cook on manual for four more minutes.
Do a quick release again and stir. If it seems a bit thick, you can always add a bit of water to make it thinner. Serve and enjoy!
If you don’t know how to use your Instant Pot-check out the Instant Pot Manual page here to verify anything that may be slightly different on your model!
How to Freeze Chicken Noodle Soup
This is a great soup to make, freeze and reheat later. Simply make the soup WITHOUT the noodles and freeze in a freezer safe ziploc bag. Defrost overnight and then make the noodles according to the instructions and add to the soup and heat up and serve.
If you freeze the noodles, they turn to mush when you go to reheat. Blech!
What is a Freezer Meal? A Freezer Meal is a type of meal prep where you put all of the ingredients in a freezer bag in order to cook them later. For those busy nights, it is great to pull out a bag of frozen ingredients and cook it per the instructions. This technique saves you substantial preparation time and keeps you and your family eating healthy.
How to Make this into a Freezer Meal
This is a fantastic freezer meal recipe to prepare ahead of time, put in a freezer safe bag with our Freezer Labels with instructions.
Precook the chicken and place it in a freezer bag.
Peel and slice the carrots, wash and slice the celery, cut the onions and put all of the vegetables in the bag with the chicken. Add the seasonings and mix well.
Seal the bag, label it, and freeze.
Optional: You can add broth to the freezer bag at this point as well, but I usually don’t. I have had those bags leak periodically and then I am left with a mess to clean up. It is easy enough to add the broth later.
Download the Freezer Labels
I attached a pdf with the ingredients and instructions filled out already for you to turn this into a freezer meal. The pdf is editable if you want to change it before you print. I left the date blank, so go ahead and fill that out, print on Avery Label #22827. These are water resistant and will hold up better in the freezer.
Download the pre-filled out freezer labels. <<<Here>>>
If you want the blank, editable freezer labels, fill in your information and it will be emailed to you! Easy Peasy!
How to Meal Prep Chicken Noodle Soup
This is a great recipe to meal prep. This can be a quick dump and go option, which is my personal favorite! Do these couple of things and you can pop this into the Instant Pot in just a couple minutes on a busy weeknight.
- Precook the chicken
- Peel and slice the carrots
- Wash and slice the celery
- Chop the onions
Make sure to check out our Instant Pot Tomato Florentine Soup that is out of this world delicious! The grilled cheese croutons send this over the moon!
This Butternut Squash Soup whips up wicked fast and if you are looking for a fast and healthy weeknight meal that is low on calories!
One last crowd pleasing meal is the Instant Pot Spanish Rice! This is the one to serve for big family gatherings and when you want to make sure the kiddos eat tonight! The use of ketchup and Italian seasonings (instead of hispanic seasonings!) make this one a huge hit!!
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot
- 2 cups grilled chicken cubed
- 4 large carrots peeled and sliced
- 5 celery sticks washed and sliced
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp coarse ground garlic salt with parsley
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 6 oz brown rice spaghetti
- Gather all your ingredients.
- Chop the prepared chicken into cubes, and add it to the Instant Pot. Peel the Carrots, and slice them into 1/8 inch pieces, and place in the Instant Pot. Wash and slice the celery, and chop the onion, and add both to the Instant Pot.
- Add the chicken broth and water to the Instant Pot, and the garlic salt, seasoned salt, and pepper, and stir well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot until it beeps and locks. Make sure the PRESSURE VALVE is set to 'SEALING', and press the MANUAL button. Set the time to seven minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, it will beep and go to OFF. When it goes to OFF, do a quick release by turning the PRESSURE VALVE from sealing to VENTING. Make sure you use a pot holder to turn the valve. When all the pressure has been released, the float valve will drop down. When the float valve is down, remove the lid, and stir the soup.
- Break up the Brown Rice Spaghetti into small pieces, and add it to the Instant Pot. Place the lid back on the Instant Pot, and press the MANUAL button, and set the time to four minutes. Make sure the pressure valve is set to SEALING, and cook the soup again with the noodles.
- When the Instant Pot is finished cooking, beeps and goes to OFF, turn the pressure valve to VENTING, and quick release the pressure. Let the soup sit for 5 minutes, then remove the lid to the Instant Pot, and stir the soup.
- If the soup is a little thick, add enough water until you get the correct amount for the soup. Dish the soup into bowls, and serve with your favorite crackers or chips. Enjoy!