This quick and easy pink velvet hot chocolate recipe is the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day! Throw it together in just five minutes!
It takes just a few minutes and is a fun twist on traditional hot chocolate. So, if you want something super simple and cozy to do for Valentine’s Day, definitely give this tasty recipe a try! You can go super sweet tooth here and pair this with any of the Frugal Valentine’s Treats or Air Fryer Roses.
💕 Why This Recipe Works
Fast – You simply warm up the milk on the stove top and add in the other ingredients. Only five minutes and some yummy ingredients stand between you and this hot chocolate.
Unique – Try something new and fun! This drink will impress everyone with its creamy and delicious flavors. The pink color takes it to an entirely new level. Your kids or coworkers will love it.
It’s easy to make multiple batches – Having a party and want to serve something “extra” to your guests? Make a huge batch. It’s just as easy as making enough for one or two cups.
Milk: You can use regular milk, or you can swap it for non-dairy milk. Almond milk, coconut milk, or cashew milk would be great options.
Cream Cheese: We love adding cream cheese because it makes the hot chocolate velvety smooth. I’ve never had such an incredible hot chocolate before. Think of it as the “secret ingredient” here.
Chocolate: The star of the show is the white chocolate chips. It’s a beautiful way to sweeten the drink.
Step One: Heat up the milk in a saucepan for two minutes using medium heat.
Step Two: Use a whisk to add in the vanilla and cream cheese. Mix until the cream cheese has melted.
Step Three: Add in the white chocolate and stir until the chocolate has melted.
Step Four: Drizzle in the strawberry syrup. Add some food coloring if you want to make it more pink.
Step Five: Pour into a cup, add some whipped cream, and enjoy!
📌 Expert Tips
- Use good-quality chocolate. You don’t want to use the cheapest chocolate you can find if you want it to be rich and velvety. It might cost a little bit more, but it’s completely worth it.
- Add in extra chocolate chips if you want it sweeter. If you are feeling a big sweet tooth coming on, go ahead and add in a little bit extra.
- Garnish with other yummy ingredients. Peppermint sticks, fresh strawberry, marshmallows, and mini chocolate chips are a few other tasty ideas to consider.
- Stir the milk frequently as it heats. Otherwise, it may curdle, and no one wants that.
🥄 Recipe FAQs
Yes, if you don’t want to use white chocolate, swap it for milk or semi-sweet. Keep in mind that if you use a brown varieties, it will change the color of the drink.
Yep! If you’d rather use water instead of milk, that’s more than fine. Just keep in mind that it’s not going to be as velvety, and the flavor won’t be as bold. We prefer milk when making this drink, but you are always welcome to make adjustments.
The difference between hot cocoa and hot chocolate is whether you used actual chocolate or cocoa powder. Cocoa powder is naturally going to result in hot cocoa, and regular chocolate will give you hot chocolate.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Pink Velvet Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 2 cups Milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 oz Cream Cheese room temperature, cut into 16 pieces
- 4 oz White Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp Strawberry Syrup or 2 Tbsp. Strawberry Puree
- Pink Food Dye optional
- Whipped Cream for garnish
- Warm milk in a medium saucepan on medium heat for two minutes.
- Whisk in vanilla extract and cream cheese until it is completely melted.
- Whisk in white chocolate until smooth and melted.
- Finally, add strawberry syrup. Adjust color as desired with pink food dye.
- Serve and top with a bit of whipped cream.