Oven Baked Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms are super simple and oh-so-good! I tried three different toppings to see which one tasted the best.
Welcome back to Christmas in July! Day 17 is already here! The AC is helping me keep cool and thinking of everything Christmas!
We’re bringing in another appetizer option for you all! I always like to bring a unique appetizer to parties! I don’t have a competitive streak, but I do challenge myself to make something a bit different and something my friends will enjoy!
Use the smaller portobello or baby bella mushrooms. The larger portobellos are too big for a one-bite appetizer.
Spend a few minutes cleaning the mushrooms.
Wrap a ½ slice of thin bacon around each mushroom and pin it in place on a skewer. Place it on a sheet pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. In the photos, I use a sheet pan with a foil packet to show you how to make them with three different toppings. The foil packet is excellent for clean up as well!
In one foil pack I sprinkled brown sugar on top of the mushrooms. This created a sweet glaze after baking that was incredible! Try to think this is just three readily available ingredients that taste amazing.
In the second foil pack, I drizzled a bottled Asian Sauce on top of the Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms. I loved the tangy sauce mixed with the earthy mushroom. So good.
The third foil pack, I decided to try a traditional Barbecue sauce! BBQ sauce and bacon are always a winner together!
Your guests will need a fork for these appetizers as the sugars will create a sticky coating. If your skewers are long enough, it will be a good finger food, but make sure to have some napkins available.
Bake them for 25-27 minutes at 400 degrees. You are looking for the bacon to be fully cooked so in my oven, it took 26 minutes.
🍽️ Meal Prep Instructions
Here’s how to meal prep this recipe:
- Select your toppings and get them ready
- Cut up the bacon into ½ slices
- Clean and wrap your mushrooms and place in a pan so they are ready to pop in the oven
- Prep the foil and sheet pan to just pop in the oven
If you do these couple of things, you can preheat your oven, drizzle on sauce or sugar, place the mushrooms in the oven and walk away!
⚠️ Related Recipes
- 24 mushrooms button sized
- 12 slices bacon thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- If you are going to make these into three different types, make little foil packets as shown the photo to make sure each flavor stays by itself. That is not necessary if you are only making one flavor.
- Clean the mushrooms off by gently wiping them down with a paper towel making sure to get all the dirt off of them.
- Cut bacon slices in half.
- Take one half a bacon slice and one mushroom and wrap the bacon around the exterior of the mushroom. Hold together with a toothpick or baby skewer. Place on the foil.
- Add the brown sugar, bbq sauce or Asian sauce, as desired. This is all personal preference.